Moms and Maids

Etiquette on hair and make up

I need some advice on what to do reguarding professional hair and makeup.  I am planning on getting my make up professional done for my wedding and also my mother  (she has been helping with wedding cost).  But I don't have the budget to provide hair and makeup for my 2-4 bridesmaids. Would it be rude to just have it done for just me and my mother.  I am not trying to leave anyone out but there just isn't enough money to pay for everyone.  I don't expect my BM to pay for hair and make up since budget is a issue for most, but I don't want to hurt them in the process. Would it be wrong for me to just have a hair and make up done for me and my mother?

Re: Etiquette on hair and make up

•                      Not at all-the only time you would be need to pay for it is if you were requiring them to have it done or requesting a certain look. I would just let them know that you're using Salon X and person Y and the prices, and let them choose whether or not they want to pay for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I'm paying for my mom and I only. I'm not requiring it of anyone so I'm not going to pay...
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I would tell them beforehand so they are prepared to do it themselves and also give them the option to pay for their makeup to be done since the makeup artist is already there.  
  • If you don't have a specific look you want then you aren't required to shell out for the bridesmaids. Let them do their own at the location of their choice. 
    ~* Matron of Honor *~

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I contacted all my moms and maids and told them I was getting my hair and makeup done and it would be $___ if they wanted theirs done too. Every single one of them did.

Anniversary

• I think it would be nice to let them know that you are planning on having your hair and make-up done professionally, and if they would like to have either service done with your vendor(s), they can let you know and you can make the appointment for them. You should also tell them that the price is X amount and that it is completely optional.

As long as you do not require them to have their hair and make-up professionally done, then they do not have to go, but I would extend the invitation for them to join you and your mother, if they would like to, at their own expense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards