Wisconsin

Downtown Milwaukee, or close, for outdoor ceremony site????

Looking for a ceremony only site for an outdoor wedding, that also has an indoor emergency plan, in the downtown area, or at least within a 20 minute drive of downtown.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks!

Re: Downtown Milwaukee, or close, for outdoor ceremony site????

• The Domes are pretty nice and decently priced. Otherwise I brlieve Boerner Botanical Gardens has a covered location for a contingency plan.
  • My brother got married at the Botanical Gardens but it was in November so they were inside. It was still fun to take pictures outside and they turned out great. I don't know if they just do ceremonies though.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Villa Terrace....it's beautiful but a little expensive. You can have it outside overlooking the lake or inside if it rains/is cold. 
  • Hubbard Park, not sure how close it is to downtown, but I've heard its gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • War Memorial does outdoor ceremonies.
  • Charles Allis Art Museum has an outdoor terrace for ceremonies.
  • The Harbor Lights Room is right near the lake by the Summerfest Grounds.  They have that entire patio area over the parking structure right there across from the Art Museum.
  • rungirl.... unfortunately you can't do just a ceremony at The Harbor Lights Room. It's part of the Zlili group and you must book for ceremony and reception for any of their properties 
  • kerkmakerkma member
    First Comment

Best Place at the Pabst Brewery has an outdoor courtyard, and you could book the inside hall as a contingency for that time as well.  You could also use the Zilber Urban Park on their grounds as well. Both are beautiful and very Milwaukee. 

August 2012 Board February Siggy Challenge: Cake imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kerkma - do you have any details on the Ziber Urban Park... do you have to contact someone to "rent/book it"?
  • We are doing our wedding at Zilber... you contact Zilber Developers directly; not Pabst. Also, I'm not 100% sure yet ( I still need to double check) but I do not think that the Pabst Brewery grounds are available for backup, as they are not the same entity. Pabst has their own wedding coordinator 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards