Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Using your own foundation

The salon where I normally go does makeup and I plan on having them do my makeup for my wedding, but they told me they don't have foundation there. They said most people want to use their own foundation anyways because it matches their skin tone, type, etc. The problem is I don't really wear foundation. The main reason I wanted to get my makeup done was to make sure I had a good foundation that would hold up all day and look good in pictures. Do you ladies have any suggestions on where I could go or how to pick out a good foundation?

Re: Using your own foundation

• I've never heard of a salon that offers wedding makeup without providing foundation!

I would check either Sephora or a large department store (such as Macy's) and ask a salesperson for help picking out a color/ type/ brand. If you get a nice person and explain that you are looking for foundation for your wedding, they may send you home with a sample that lasts a few applications.

Good luck!

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

I brought all of my own makeup to my makeup application...so it's definitely not uncommon.

While my salon has options available for makeup, none of it was waterproof or sweatproof.

I brought Revlon Photoready foundation and powder to the appointment.

• jdblnnjdblnn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Foundation is something that is worth splurging on. I would head to your local Ulta or Sephora and check out their options, and have one of their employees help you match it to your skin tone.  Which one is right for you really depends on what you want to spend, type of coverage, and your skin type.  

If you want something light weight, Bare Minerals is always a great option.  The coverage is surprisingly good considering it's a powder.  The best I've ever used was Smashbox Studio Skin 15hr Wear.  However, it's pretty pricey.  I won't spend the money to use it every day, but for a wedding it might be worth it.  Clinque Acne Solutions is a good buy if that is a concern for you, and it's oil free which is great.  

The best thing you can do for your foundation , in my opinion, is to use primer.  Eye shadow primer is great for keeping your eye shadow in place, keep it on for hours, and keep it from creasing.  My personal pick is too faced shadow insurance. For face primer, my pick is smashbox photo finish.  Revlon photoready is a great lower cost option as well.  These will help you get the look you want and keep it for the entire night.  

• Thanks for the suggestions. I just saw that an Ulta is opening next month right by me and I was going to go check them out anyways. The girl that does make up at my salon uses Sephora as all her other make up so I may look into that also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards