Knottie Tech Help

Banned Users - Open Discussion

Re: Banned Users - Open Discussion

• RajahBMFD said:
    This is all really confusing. Stage and Linger had more love-it's and points than almost anyone else on the board. So clearly there are just as many people who like them as there are that don't.  

The whole process of what happened doesn't make sense. What were people complaining about? Did you give the posters a chance to lighten up, by being specific about complaints? What's to prevent users from abusing this and just sending y'all a shit ton of PM's complaining about other users just because they don't like their advice?  I'm just super confused, and it makes me hesitant to post and continue being a valued member of the community.  

Thanks for calming it down and bringing this to a conversation. Some things I want to address and then we'll be focusing back on bigger picture items:

1 -- All users who were banned today received a PM with reasoning 30 minutes before the ban took place.

2- The users were well aware of their reputation and complaints we were receiving. It is no secret to anyone on here that these members were notorious for loud and attention grabbing behavior on the boards.
    While we did work closely with them, their overall presence on the boards was negative and degrading to most and kept other members from taking part in conversations (no, not just the sensitive ones - more "regs" than you would think). We cannot discuss details, but we received well over 40 complaints, the most of any active users. The overall team, not just me and KP, decided this was best for the community.

3- The magazine team that chooses quotes from community is in no way connected to us. However, due to recent circumstances, all future quotes in the magazine will be run past me and KP before publishing.

We appreciate all the feedback - and we are seeing it all. However, this decision with today's users will stand as it has been an ongoing discussion and issue for months.
    So what, you won't let them use a good quote because of who the poster is? Because that's what this section infers, and that's just plain bitchy.
    Not to mention hugely hypocritical of you, @KnotJackie. They were good enough to PM back and forth with but not good enough to acknowledge publicly or to even give a reasonable warning? Thirty minutes is just bullshit.
  • RajahBMFD said:
    This is all really confusing. Stage and Linger had more love-it's and points than almost anyone else on the board. So clearly there are just as many people who like them as there are that don't.  

The whole process of what happened doesn't make sense. What were people complaining about? Did you give the posters a chance to lighten up, by being specific about complaints? What's to prevent users from abusing this and just sending y'all a shit ton of PM's complaining about other users just because they don't like their advice?  I'm just super confused, and it makes me hesitant to post and continue being a valued member of the community.  

Thanks for calming it down and bringing this to a conversation. Some things I want to address and then we'll be focusing back on bigger picture items:

1 -- All users who were banned today received a PM with reasoning 30 minutes before the ban took place.

2- The users were well aware of their reputation and complaints we were receiving. It is no secret to anyone on here that these members were notorious for loud and attention grabbing behavior on the boards.
    While we did work closely with them, their overall presence on the boards was negative and degrading to most and kept other members from taking part in conversations (no, not just the sensitive ones - more "regs" than you would think). We cannot discuss details, but we received well over 40 complaints, the most of any active users. The overall team, not just me and KP, decided this was best for the community.

3- The magazine team that chooses quotes from community is in no way connected to us. However, due to recent circumstances, all future quotes in the magazine will be run past me and KP before publishing.

We appreciate all the feedback - and we are seeing it all. However, this decision with today's users will stand as it has been an ongoing discussion and issue for months.
    So what, you won't let them use a good quote because of who the poster is? Because that's what this section infers, and that's just plain bitchy.
    Not to mention hugely hypocritical of you, @KnotJackie. They were good enough to PM back and forth with but not good enough to acknowledge publicly or to even give a reasonable warning? Thirty minutes is just bullshit.

And thirty minutes didn't happen !!
  • Thanks for calming it down and bringing this to a conversation. Some things I want to address and then we'll be focusing back on bigger picture items:

To #1 -  that isn't true.  Stage left her computer for less than 10 minutes and came back and she was banned.  Linger got the PM and was banned within minutes.

To #2 -  Why did you constantly ask Stage and Linger for input and advice if they were so horrible? 

Co-signed.  Please address
  • Point, @QueerFemme. I just saw Stage's post at the treehouse.
  • LMc0322 said:

To #1 -  that isn't true.  Stage left her computer for less than 10 minutes and came back and she was banned.  Linger got the PM and was banned within minutes.

To #2 -  Why did you constantly ask Stage and Linger for input and advice if they were so horrible? 

Co-signed.  Please address

Even to the point of actually sending them threads or posts that they needed help with?    Sounds pretty fucked up, if you ask me.
    Which Treehouse?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Which Treehouse?
    the proboards. see a little further up in the thread
  • @QueerFemme -- yes, I developed a good relationship with them and they were a help to me, of course. I do not have anything against them personally. Again, this was a team and executive call from months of closely monitoring. I understand the concerns because of the friendships you all created, but this was a decision for the company to make.

• Seriously, @KnotPorscha, @KnotJackie, how are the rest of us supposed to know what's expected of us if you can't come back and tell us what happened in these bannings?  How can we make a truly informed decision on whether or not to stay if we don't have all the pertinent information?

30 minutes is not long enough. Can you even see your pm's after you're banned?  I know you're probably doing this to prevent a ton of GBCKs and other dramatic exits, but seriously, if someone walks away to fix lunch and go to the bathroom and comes back to being banned, it's not enough notice.

I'd like to submit my official request to bring back Stage and Linger. I had no issues with them. Unless, of course, you can tell me something that changes my mind. But you can't. Or won't. Or something.

Was this issue why there was no one policing the boards all day Monday when we needed someone on E with the park wedding troll, paged all day, and got no one until Tuesday?
  • @KnotJackie, I didn't interact with them much. My concerns are more basic. What if someone, or a group of people, decides they don't like me and sends you guys a bunch of PMs and emails detailing what an awful person I am? What is policy - is policy more of a "police state" where users can be banned at any moment (more stringent enforcement of section 8 of TOS) or is it "5 strikes you're out"?
  • @QueerFemme -- yes, I developed a good relationship with them and they were a help to me, of course. I do not have anything against them personally. Again, this was a team and executive call from months of closely monitoring. I understand the concerns because of the friendships you all created, but this was a decision for the company to make.

Then the company has no fucking clue what they're doing. Which is ridiculous, because they should have already seen on TN what happens when you offend your base of regulars. I thought the whole point of having you and KP was so they could have first-hand input about the boards. You obviously know Stage and Linger were valuable posters; did you not advise them against this move?
  • I have to admit, this is all very confusing.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited July 2013

@QueerFemme -- yes, I developed a good relationship with them and they were a help to me, of course. I do not have anything against them personally. Again, this was a team and executive call from months of closely monitoring. I understand the concerns because of the friendships you all created, but this was a decision for the company to make.

I have created friendships with them, but this is not about friendships.  This is about the "team" and "executive" decision to ban someone that didn't actually go along with the terms of service you made us suffer through for months.  You created a system and assured everyone that the system was valid and would be in place.

When KP had problems, she would run to you and you would reply to threads. When you had problems that you couldn't handle, you ran to Linger & Stage.  Did you share the PMs that you exchanged with Linger & Stage with the "team" and the "executive".  Did you share the dozens of times you asked them to respond to a thread or even respond to a thread on another website?   Did you actually give them enough information to make that decision?

Wow! You (@KnotPorscha and @KnotJackie) actually requested Linger and Stages assistance with certain threads? Did you ban them quickly so they couldn't share information with us?

I have created friendships with them, but this is not about friendships.  This is about the "team" and "executive" decision to ban someone that didn't actually go along with the terms of service you made us suffer through for months.  You created a system and assured everyone that the system was valid and would be in place.

When KP had problems, she would run to you and you would reply to threads. When you had problems that you couldn't handle, you ran to Linger & Stage.  Did you share the PMs that you exchanged with Linger & Stage with the "team" and the "executive".  Did you share the dozens of times you asked them to respond to a thread or even respond to a thread on another website?   Did you actually give them enough information to make that decision?

Wow! You actually requested Linger and Stages assistance with certain threads? Did you ban them quickly so they couldn't share information with us?

They have been asking Stage and Linger for help for months.  This isn't new.  They assured both of them that they wouldn't be banned.  They told them that they would get warnings and they would let them know if any action was being taken.

That did NOT happen.

• I can still see Linger and Stage's past posts on the boards, so obviously banning someone now no longer auto-deletes their posts.  That's new.

I'm not sure if the KGs can't explain themselves, or don't want to because they know we'll tear their arguments apart.
  • @QueerFemme I know they were openly asking Linger and Stage to help, but didn't realize they were asking them to respond to certain threads, which adds another dimension to this situation. 

• jss0302 said:
    I love how this open discussion is just the posters asking questions and getting zero answers. I know it wasn't started by the KGs but they have been tagged several times.

I think they're too busy deleting accounts.
  • xcalygrl said:
    I can still see Linger and Stage's past posts on the boards, so obviously banning someone now no longer auto-deletes their posts.  That's new.

I'm not sure if the KGs can't explain themselves, or don't want to because they know we'll tear their arguments apart.
    An IP ban leaves posts intact. A name ban does not.
    Does that mean Retread is name banned and can come back with a different SN, but Stage and Linger can't?

• TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2013
  • The past few months have made it obvious that @KnotJackie and @KnotPorscha don't know what they're doing with the boards. You are running it into the ground, congrats. I'm about one more idiotic decision away from closing my account. We'll never get a straight answer out of them, their whole MO lately has been evasiveness and redirect.
  • Yeah it may look like they're deleting but they're only trying to shut everyone up.

Good business plan, guys.
  • no, i got deleted.  they saw the request and removed my posts, badges, likes, and i just got to start off with a fresh slate and got my 1st comment award!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards