June 2014 Weddings

June 21 Bride :) :) :)

Is there any June 21st brides? Hi my name is Wendi, and me and my fiance have decided for June 21st to be our date to get married, we have did a little bit of discussing to where to get married at and so far if plans dont change then we are getting married at Tanglewood Baptist Church in: Greenville, SC. My fiance is from Piedmont SC. I was always wanting a outdoor wedding at a park, but I know there could be a chance that it could rain, my fiance's parents go to Tanglewood. Don't get me wrong I would love to get married at Tanglewood Baptist Church, but I am from GA, plus my family and some friends live here in GA, and some live out of town. What is your thoughts on this?

Re: June 21 Bride :) :) :)

• How do you do the countdown thing for counting down til June 21st 2014? I want to have that.

• Hi and welcome!!  Get married in the place you and FI feel the most comfortable, 

There is a sticky on the chit chat board I believe that give you good details on how to enter a wedding date ticker.

Anniversary

• Thank you peaseblossom55 and yes I agree on what you said on a place I feel comfortable. :)
  • where is the sticky located on the chit chat board?
  • I found where to do the ticker and I created one, but dont know if it will show up on my messages to other brides.
  • I'm a June 21st bride!! Congratulations on picking your date!! :)
  • Thanks JellyBeana10 and awesome that ur a June 21st Bride Woo~Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Us June 21st Brides Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • Just a random note - we get your excitement with just one exclamation point ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • June 21 here, too :)
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Hey CheleLyn cool if ur a June 21st bride., but I see under ur comment that it says: July 21st lol.

• CheleLynCheleLyn member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    WendiA03 said:
    Hey CheleLyn cool if ur a June 21st bride., but I see under ur comment that it says: July 21st lol.

***I can't get out of the text box....

What the hell??? Yes, I'm JUNE 21st...I have no idea what I was thinking when I made the siggy and put July! LMAO I never noticed it was wrong! I reckon I should go fix that :)
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Hey CheleLyn, Thats ok I made a ticker/siggy but dont think I done it right, because it dont show up when I leave my replies to someone. How can I do that? Get back to me. I saved me a ticker/siggy under my pics on my computer.  Can u help me so I can put my siggy/ticker under my replies? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • file:///C:/Users/Wendi%20Ausburn/Downloads/TickerTicker.aspx.png
  • edited August 2013
    June 21st here too. My name is Cat, I'm a second time around bride and older (41), but I never had the wedding I always wanted the first time around and although I'm on a huge budget (I have three girls ages: 13, 20 & 3) and they are killers on my wallet, I look forward to a very classic and antique vintage wedding.
    My Fiance's name is Chris (35), we will have a wedding of 100 and it'll be located outside of San Antonio, TX in a German town of New Braunfels at a Conservation Homestead Society where old German settlers once lived. I'm a 100% German so it makes me feel at home.
    I'm REALLY excited about being on the board, since I seem to be the only one totally psyched about my wedding. It'll be great fun to share stories and to hear about your plans.

• Hey Cat this is Wendi. So ur a 2nd time bride awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A 6 years difference between u and ur fiance isnt bad. Thats cool that yall are getting married June 21st as well. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 kids. My fiance and I dont have any kids, we want kids though when we get married. A wedding of 100 is awesome. I have a wedding planner binder that I have me and my fiance's plans in it.I am excited about our wedding, because it is a 1st one for me, I have been engaged 2x's but didnt get married. The 3rd time is a charm lol ;) My fiance has been married 2x's before me but he is divorced/separated from both of his ex-wifes. Thanks for sharing your wedding plans with me :)
  • @cncanderson2014 - I'm a second time bride as well, I was dumb and married my XH young. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. I'm excited to incorporate them into the wedding, anything special you plan on doing?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi luckystarz & wendi - my oldest will be walking me down the aisle, my middle and youngest flower children. Not sure about how to incorporate a ceremony with them in it. Like the sand idea, but kind of want something different. So need to so some researching. This is both of our second wedding. He had the huge one and no honeymoon and I had 13 ppl and rain, but a beautiful honeymoon but without the romance. Chris wants the romantic honeymoon and I want the beautiful wedding. Which means we're going for both and we are being extremely frugal. Lol! DIY is the name of this game. I have great connections and have been an event planner for over 20yrs. Hoping I can stay grounded and focused. Biggest fear: food and cake.
    I have a very low budget but don't want to feed slop. Lol
    Same for the cake. They are ridiculous expensive! I understand artwork, but really? Yikes! What is everyone else doing on food and cake?
    What's everyone's budget? Sorry so snoopy. :)
  • @cncanderson2014 For cake instead of using a professional or store, try using a local baker that might do business out of their home. Most people will have a facebook page with their cake designs and I find that some of them are trying to build a portfolio and will make your cake at a discount. Just make sure that their work is good!

For food, see if your favorite restaurant will do catering. A lot of brides have been posting about using restaurants and serving it buffet or family style to save on having the caterer and the waitstaff. 

• I want a ticker! LOL
    But I wasn't clever enough to find it. :(
  • June 21st here too. My name is Cat, I'm a second time around bride and older (41), but I never had the wedding I always wanted the first time around and although I'm on a huge budget (I have three girls ages: 13, 20 & 3) and they are killers on my wallet, I look forward to a very classic and antique vintage wedding.
    My Fiance's name is Chris (35), we will have a wedding of 100 and it'll be located outside of San Antonio, TX in a German town of New Braunfels at a Conservation Homestead Society where old German settlers once lived. I'm a 100% German so it makes me feel at home.
    I'm REALLY excited about being on the board, since I seem to be the only one totally psyched about my wedding. It'll be great fun to share stories and to hear about your plans.

Hey, Cat! I lived in Belton for 12 years before moving back to MIchigan in 2012. I love New Braunfels...gor-geous!

~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• I found the tickers but dont know if I done it right lol :(

• Looove MICHIGAN! Whereabouts? My Dad's family lives all up and down the state. Grew up every other summer there.
  • Looove MICHIGAN! Whereabouts? My Dad's family lives all up and down the state. Grew up every other summer there.
    I'm smack dab in the middle of the thumb :)
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• I'm a June 21 bride also!!! This will be both of our firsts, and only, marriages!! We have a little girl who will be 2 next year so she is going to be a flower girl!! I'm so excited to get planning underway.
  • Happy 10-months out ladies!  I'm a June 28 bride, but my birthday is the 21st :-)
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FInally solidified our venue, June 21st it is!  Did you know that was summer solstice? :) We also have a two year old, and she's going to be our bell ringer/announcer (more like sign holder and we'll possibly attached some bells to the sign and hope she walks in a fashion that allows them to ring). Congratulations ladies! 
  • Congratulations! I'm a June 21st Bride too :) We are getting married outdoors in a garden. BUT we do have a back up plan if it does rain. If you both decide to do outdoors, just be sure to have a back up plan that you also will be happy with if it should happen to rain.
  • Congrats! I'm a June 21st Bride too! My fiance really wanted to get married outside, but I have such high anxiety I couldn't stand wondering if it was going to rain or not so we are getting married in a green house that has tons of flowers and palm trees. It's kind of like being outside- without the worry of rain :)

Happy planning :)

• I'll be getting married the day after you do :) We picked the 21st initially but we can stand to save a lot of money by having it on a Sunday so that's what we'll be doing. 
  • June 21 here as well! Woot woot! 
    My fiance and are from Houston but getting married in New Orleans. We've got the date, venue, photographer and videographer booked! I suppose next I need to get my dress and send out save the dates. 

Congrats to you all! :)
    -Sontera
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards