October 2014 Weddings

Color Help!

I am currently planning my 10/18/14 wedding, it's an outdoor, rustic, barn, winery wedding. I want fall colored bouquets, but I'm torn on what color dresses for the bridesmaids, I don't like/want purple. I like Navy Blue and Dark Magenta-ish color (It's called Sangria at DB), but I can't decided if those will look good with the fall bouquets...Anyone have any suggestions?!

Re: Color Help!

• Personally, I'm not a fan of the Navy, but the Magentish color would look pretty.  I'm doing a Cobalt/Royal blue for the dresses and a pumpkin orange for the accent color in the bouquets, and center pieces.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• What do you mean by "fall bouquets" what colors are you using in your flowers?
    Anniversary

• Thanks for the replys! My sister is helping me but I'm afraid her choices are out shadowing what I want..

I'm leaning towards the magenta-ish color because my favorite color is pink...I don't want like hot pink..

Fall bouquets I'm thinking darker orange, Burgundy, dark pinks, dark purples... 
  • With the darker orange, burgundy, and dark pink colors you mentioned... the magenta dress sounds beautiful!  What may help youi is to buy a few fake flowers in the colors you want and see how they look with both dress options.  I'm a very visual person, and I did this!  The consultants at the bridal salon thought I was crazy, but at least I knew what worked and what didn't work!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Do you know what kind of flowers you want?

Anniversary
  • That's a great idea! I'll have to try that out!
  • And no I have no idea what kind of flowers I want...just something that looks good together
  • Are you planning on doing fresh flowers from a florist or silk flowers? Because I would start off googling what's in season and go off of those colors, because you can never guarantee what your florist will have or if she will have the colors you are looking for. 
    Anniversary
  • I think the Navy and Orange and dark red and brown's would look good. But that's just me!
    October 2014 September Inspiration: Colors

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having the same problem! Like @des9724 I'm very visual and so I'm probably going to "borrow" your idea and bring some fake flowers with me when we shop for bridesmaids dresses. I'm thinking a burgundy color dress, with deep red, deep orange, and some green (succulents NOT hydrangeas!) and a splash of bright in the bouquets. Other than not wanting hydrangeas I have no clue what I want the bouquet to look like in terms of types of flowers. I think the florist is going to be the toughest vendor because I literally have NO IDEA!
    October 2014 Brides - July Siggy Challenge: Cakes
  • jennyp37 said:
     I think the florist is going to be the toughest vendor because I literally have NO IDEA!

I thought the florist would be difficult for me as well, but I've been stalking---er, "casually looking at"-- wedding blogs, magazines, and Google images for bouquets I like.  Even if I'm not in love with the arrangement as a whole, I'm just getting an idea of the style I want.  I'm doing a shabby chic/rustic wedding, so I've been finding anything airy and soft.  Maybe try to find some inspirational pictures in magazines?  Even if the flowers are not the right color, a good florist can always recreate any bouquet to match the style you like.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Des, tell me what you think of this: http://pinterest.com/pin/248894316879722040/

It's pretty! I love the roses, and the green things (I have no idea what they are called) are really neat! It's a bit whimsical and rustic, but modern.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Just thought I would give you some inspiration!
    Anniversary
  • I'm doing navy, burnt orange, silver and cream for an October wedding
  • I havent really picked my colors either. I like purple and silver. My FI likes red. I thought about purple and red but then thought it would like too much like the red hat group. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have the same wedding date! Congratulations! We are using a plum color, which I think will look beautiful on a beautiful October autumn day.

Red and Peach! I am now having my wedding in December but was originally going for October - and therefore attempting to find a fall color theme whilst staying far far away from anything that screamed "Halloween!" The tone on tone looks great, and you can incorporate some gold or bronze as well... even pink goes well with red and orange.

I think my official colors were "Oxblood and Peach" with ivory and antique gold accents. I still love it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards