July 2013 Weddings

the best and the worst!

Well, unless anyone is getting married today... I think we are all married now!
I was just going to see how everyone's big day went! What was your biggest regret... as far as something you forgot or something that messed up? And what was the best thing about your day... was it the dancing, the cake, or the intimate moments during the ceremony with your husband? 

My favorite thing about my day was the moment we walked down the aisle as husband and wife... we were so excited that we basically ran!
And my one regret was that I completely forgot to put on my veil before I walked down the aisle! OOPS! haha!
~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~

Re: the best and the worst!

• drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

Yep! I think we are done :)

Worst thing for me was the huge snag in my dress from the french bustle I got talked into having sewn in. That and my regret of not spending more time talking to everyone and taking moments to soak it all in.

Best part was seeing how nervous and emtional my FI was during the ceremony, having my grandpa walk me down the isle, and watching our families having a good time on the dance floor. I wanted my wedding to be fun for all those who took their time to attend and be with us, and I think I accomplished that.

Still can't believe what a blur that day was when it was all said and done!

• Darn bustles!! That's a big bummer about the snag in your dress @drg. My bustle didn't fully break but the string for it started coming undone so half my train dragged the whole night and people stepped on it and it is pretty ripped up and trashed :( My "worst" moment was not having our son make it down the asile for his ring bearer duties. I went into it with pretty low expectations though since he is 2, and the whole prep and getting ready was pretty stressful for him. I think my favorite part of the day was our ceremony, the minute my dad and I stepped out of the building it started to rain. It continuted to rain throughout the entire ceremony and stopped the second we walked back in. The days before, rain was my biggest fear. But it made it so magical and romantic I wouldn't trade it for dry weather anyways.... Even though it ruined my hair and I looked like a wet dog through cocktail hour and some of dinner!!
  • Worst moment: forgetting to take a minute to soak it all imn, I mean I was just too excited about everything. Eric stepped on, and ripped my dress and I really didnt even care much, we were having too much fun.

Best moment: After the ceremony (me and H held our tears in soo good! we shed not one) and after the ceremony, he grabbed me, hugged me and started bawlinnnnng like a big baby! I never saw him cry EVER until that moment. So we went outside and had a nice cry, just us.. and our photog got a great picture of it somehow!
  • Regret: Not doing the garter, bouquet toss, and first dance because MIL wanted to rush the ceremony so we could change into native clothing and do the seat money dance. We figured we would get a lot from the dancing and we didn't really and again she was able to take control sucks.

Favorite moment: sneaking out during the reception and taking husband and wife photos. I felt like it was intimate no one was watching except our camera man, and I'm sure we got some great shots. I just haven't seen them yet because of my mothers late payment.
  • Worst: I wore a coral sash over my white one for the reception, but whoever tied the bow didn't do it correctly, and in the pictures you can see both sashes and a sad sad bow... Also, I definitely regret not getting to talk to everyone. Every time I tried to make rounds, my coordinator came and got us for the money dance, cake cutting, etc.

Best: all the special things I didn't expect. My grandma had sworn up and down she wouldn't dance but she DID! And so did my extremely shy mother! I was so happy because in the pictures everyone looked like they were having so much fun!! During the money dance, my uncle said to me, "I used to do this to you all the time when you were a little girl, and I want to do it one more time," and he picked me up and spun me around! It was awesome.
  • Worst: I wore a coral sash over my white one for the reception, but whoever tied the bow didn't do it correctly, and in the pictures you can see both sashes and a sad sad bow... Also, I definitely regret not getting to talk to everyone. Every time I tried to make rounds, my coordinator came and got us for the money dance, cake cutting, etc. Best: all the special things I didn't expect. My grandma had sworn up and down she wouldn't dance but she DID! And so did my extremely shy mother! I was so happy because in the pictures everyone looked like they were having so much fun!! During the money dance, my uncle said to me, "I used to do this to you all the time when you were a little girl, and I want to do it one more time," and he picked me up and spun me around! It was awesome.
    Tears gathered in my eyes when I read about the spinning you around. Sweetest thing ever
  • pam8787 said:
    Worst: I wore a coral sash over my white one for the reception, but whoever tied the bow didn't do it correctly, and in the pictures you can see both sashes and a sad sad bow... Also, I definitely regret not getting to talk to everyone. Every time I tried to make rounds, my coordinator came and got us for the money dance, cake cutting, etc. Best: all the special things I didn't expect. My grandma had sworn up and down she wouldn't dance but she DID! And so did my extremely shy mother! I was so happy because in the pictures everyone looked like they were having so much fun!! During the money dance, my uncle said to me, "I used to do this to you all the time when you were a little girl, and I want to do it one more time," and he picked me up and spun me around! It was awesome.
    Tears gathered in my eyes when I read about the spinning you around. Sweetest thing ever
    It was! I had tears in my eyes as well, but that was pretty much the entire wedding!
  • Best: Our ceremony. We wrote our own vows which I thought turned out beautiful plus our officiant had us each write a story about each other (& we couldn't show them to each other). The officiant read them out loud during the ceremony. I loved hearing his and thought it really made the ceremony 'our own' Worst: I guess I wasn't detailed enough with my instructions for decor with my DOC. A bunch of the premium linens I had bought and provided did not get used, there were 8 bags of rose petals left over that should have all gone on the head table, and all 80 stems of mums that should have been in the ceremony space were left in a bucket unused.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Best and worst part was not having a Day of Coordinator of any kind. It was good because we were able to run the whole day in such a relaxed way, on our terms, and we never felt rushed. Our photographers were fantastic (I seriously can't stop singing their praises!) and they helped make sure we stayed at least kind of on track. On the flip side, we had to rely a LOT on help from friends and family...which they all stepped up to do without me even asking. It was mostly set up and break down, but we ended up making a party out of it. My god sister brought coffee and doughnuts in the morning and we split up so the girls were working on the reception space and the guys were setting up in the garden so DH and I wouldn't see each other until the first look, and it was perfect. It was a totally collaborative wedding, which was just exactly the vibe we were going for. Our rental guys were great, too. They did set up and breakdown and also helped clean up. Ditto caterers. So having those three excellent vendors and an overly helpful group of family and friends made up for the lack of a coordinator!

Other bad things: photo booth didn't show up, my bustle was a flop as well (it stayed up, but I think it was too low since it kept dragging and catching on things anyway!) and no one danced...well, a few people did, but we never really had a dance floor going. We were constantly moving from one activity to the next and we didn't really plan for a lot of dancing, but we had hoped to have the photobooth as entertainment to make up for it!

Other best things: first look and our sweetheart table both gave us a chance to have some alone time and really watch what was happening around us. our first look was fun because we took shots at the old church across the street as well as in the garden behind our ceremony space. Also, our flowers came out perfectly - I'm so glad we did them ourselves and saved that money! We ended up spending about $150 on a variety of white, pink, red and blue flowers and they just looked amazing, plus it was really fun to drink a bottle of wine with my ladies and get it done the night before the wedding!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The bad: the ushers sat guests by bride or groom which sucked because it was wayyyy skewed towards my side. I wanted it to be mixed.
    I was upset my photographer didnt do any bridal portraits. I didn't know I had to ask for that and didn't think about it until the next day. I wish I ate more or took food home. I especially wish I had taken desserts home from the dessert bar. We should have scheduled the cocktail hour to start earlier. The shuttles got people to the reception quicker than we anticipated. They were able to go inside and hang out but open bar and food didnt start until 6:30.

Honestly I knew things would go wrong and I'm grateful nothing really huge got messed up.

The good: the food was amazing, the ceremony was better than I could have hoped for (it even stopped raining long enough for us to have it outside), the dj did a fantastic job with the music and we were all dancing until the very end. My sister did such a great job with her speech and I'll always remember it. The cake was delicious and I was obsessed with our cake topper. FI and I just had the best time all around. We got to dance all night with all our friends and family who are never in the same place. We even went to a hotel bar afterwards with a bunch of people and stayed up til 4am. So many people told us they'd never had better food at a wedding and it was the most fun wedding they'd been to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards