Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Photographer Recommendations????

We just recently got engaged and are not getting married until next summer, however we would like to do our engagement photos by the of September so we don't have to deal with the cold snowy weather!!!!  So just wondering who you'd recommend and also if you're willing to share how much they were?

Re: Photographer Recommendations????

• Options
    I'm assuming you are looking for a photographer for your wedding and engagement photos? What's your budget? There are a lot of photographers but they vary widely in price.
  • Options
    Check out Megan Neumann Photography...for $1200 you'd get 8 hrs of wedding day coverage, 20% off print prices (which I feel are reasonable to begin with), $100 in print or album credit & a 2 hour engagement session...It all includes consultation until your wedding day and a DVD or USB w/ print released images. 
  • Options
    We are looking to spend under $3000.  We would like all day coverage, a second shooter, print release and an engagement session.
  • Options
    I know Megan Neumann has all day coverage for $1500...You'd have to ask her about a second shooter.  Elisabeth Ann Photography has a good package too...It starts at $1450 for All day coverage w/ 2 photographers & an engagement session w/ some other stuff
  • Options
    Check out Studio 220. I don't know their exact prices, but it should be under $3000. I used La Vie Photography, but they are closer to $5000.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Jim Woolsey Photography might be worth looking into. They only do a few weddings a year but an engagement session is included. I'm not sure how much they charge for a second photographer but one photographer/engagement session/rights/etc is around $2,000.

All photographers have different styles though, so look around! :)
  • Options
    ShelbyGT21ShelbyGT21 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2013
    Just an FYI, we fired Elisabeth Ann and found out she is now moving down to Georgia. She posted on her FB that she will only fly up to MN to finish weddings for the year and thats it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are using Agape Moments. Doesn't come with a second photographer, but you can add one. We are paying a little over $2000 for engagement shoot, 6 hours on day of wedding and a photographer assistant during the 'formals.' 

Check out their site for price info.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Glad I saw this post ShelbyGT21! Thanks for letting us know! :)
  • Options
    Im using Jessica Hinnekamp with Jm Photography. She is absolutely incredible. She has a 2700 package thats AMAZING and include the engagement session. Check her out!!
  • Options
    http://www.groupon.com/deals/kelsey-thompson-photography

Offering a groupon deal for engagement session :)
  • Options
    Look at Michael Anderson Photography. He has several packages ranging from $1500 to $9000. He did our wedding and engagement pictures and went above and beyond anything we could have expected.
  • Options
    Your welcome! I know how hard it can be to find a good photographer, we went through that and another photographer forgetting our appointment. That was even more wonderful! lol. Good luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm new here! Trying to help find things to help with my sisters wedding planning. She however has already secured the "big ones" on her checklist, one of those being her photographer. She went with Meg Ann Photography and has had a great experience so far, http://megannphotography.com . Good Luck!
  • Options
    I'm using Jonathan Rotella Photography.  He's a newer photographer, but based on how my engagement pictures turned out and the wedding pictures I've seen from his past weddings, I am soo excited!  Since he's new, he's doing engagement and wedding for $1000.  You can check out his work on facebook here!
  • Options
    I am using Justin Mark Photography... really great photographer. You get 2 photographers, all day shooting and e shoot.
  • Options
    Check out Nikki Tran Photography http://nikkitranphotography.com/wp/ 2 shooters, engagement session & printing rights. Packages begin at $2000.
  • Options
    i agree with tara! Nikki Tran does beautiful work....under $3,000 for up to 8 hours, engagement session, printing rights, and amazing work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards