Wedding Etiquette Forum

Assuming People Won't Come

2»

Re: Assuming People Won't Come

• I over invited my fiance's family because he couldn't figure out who to cut and neither could his Mother. The statistics were right! They aren't coming! However, luckily, I was in a good enough financial position to say that if they did come we would just stomach it. Ensuring that there is no political drama on his side of the family and that everyone knows I want them there is more important to me than money.
  • I would not invite people with the intention that they will  not come.  I have the same issue with about 10 members on my fiance's side.  They live out of state, and we have only seen them maybe once in the 8 years we have been together.  Will they come, probably not, but I'm not inviting anyone in their place until I know for sure if they're coming or not.
  • Bookie7 said:

I would not invite people with the intention that they will  not come.  I have the same issue with about 10 members on my fiance's side.  They live out of state, and we have only seen them maybe once in the 8 years we have been together.  Will they come, probably not, but I'm not inviting anyone in their place until I know for sure if they're coming or not.

Btw, it's rude to b list, which it sounds like you are planning on doing. Invite the number you can afford. If that number doesn't allow for the extra 20 (FI's family in question and your potential fill ins) then you should chose which you would really want to be there.

• My FMIL only had one invite request of someone who "won't come"... an older relative who lives far away and has issues that preclude travel. One person- totally fine. 20 or 30- definitely not
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My mother did this to me at my first wedding, the end result was a table full of people who we didn't know and didn't know us.  Slightly uncomfortable.  Try to stay strong, the best memories on your wedding day are made with family and friends, not acquaintances, related or not.
  • Bookie7 said:
    I would not invite people with the intention that they will  not come.  I have the same issue with about 10 members on my fiance's side.  They live out of state, and we have only seen them maybe once in the 8 years we have been together.  Will they come, probably not, but I'm not inviting anyone in their place until I know for sure if they're coming or not.

You make Dean Winchester cry.

Anniversary

• I am inviting some that I know won't come (due to health reasons), but I still plan as if they are coming. I also have some friends I'm inviting that have already told me they can't make that date (vacation) and that's fine, but I'm still inviting them to my shower and my wedding.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards