Just Engaged and Proposals

paypal for monetary donations

Does anyone know how to add paypal for monetary donations?

Re: paypal for monetary donations

• Huh?
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im trying to add paypal to the website I payed for  through the knot
  • Niashiaf said:

Im trying to add paypal to the website I payed for  through the knot

Why?

• Do you want people to make contributions to help fund your wedding? Or do you want people to be able to give their gift of cash directly to paypal? Either way its super tacky.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would like to know what these monetary donations are for? Please don't tell me the charity case is your wedding.
  • Since no one else is telling you directly how to do it, I will: YOU DON'T.

Bottom line.  No one needs to donate anything to you for any reason.  You have a wedding you can afford.  If someone wants to give you money for a wedding present, they'll write a check or give you cash on their own terms and not through a "donation site".
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • I'm just stuck on the fact that you paid for a wedding website.
  • NYCBruinNYCBruin member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    No.  As in no, don't do this.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • I'm just stuck on the fact that you paid for a wedding website.

...on a site that you can get it for free.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks for the responses we setup a checking account. People are giving us money Instead buying gifts by choice. Please keep rude comments to yourselves. My fiancé was sick for two months so they wanted to help us out.
  • Sorry, but putting a paypal link on your wedding site is basically advertising for donations.  Anytime anyone has wanted to give me money they have put a check in the mail.  Putting it on your website is putting that info out there for everyone else who is NOT saying "hey, I want to help with your wedding."  If you were my niece and I wanted to help, I would call and discuss it and send you a check OR have my bank transfer money to yours.
  • Even if people have been wanting to give you cash, they will find away to give you cash. You don't and shouldn't have a direct link to your paypal account. Besides, depending on how they give you the money, paypal will take a percentage. Just let people write you checks or give cash for you to deposit directly into you checking account.

• I feel like someone is out hunting.....so many first time posters/spammers eerily asking questions about PPD's, Honeyfunds, kicking out BM's, potluck weddings, hosting your own shower....the list goes on and on..........

http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2013-08-11_5845952360593094/tv/looney_tunes/elmer_screwy.wavimage
  • @mobkaz - I am a looney tunes lover.  My favorite episode is "Rabbit Season!  Duck Season!  Rabbit Season!  Duck Season!  
  • RJSabbah said:

A lot of people use these websites because they live perhaps, overseas and sending a check is impossible. They do typically though, take a percentage. You can also search for websites where people donate towards your honeymoon. I know plenty of people who have done that. 

You apparently know a lot of rude people. Just because something is common doesn't mean it isn't rude. And people have managed to give cash gifts for YEARS without the assistance of websites like PayPal. Even some of the OPs friends/family have managed to do so. Shocking!
  • RJSabbah said:
    Wow...

I'm sorry dear that people were so very rude on your post. Ladies- lots of people give monetary gifts to brides and grooms. Perhaps instead of attacking the woman, you should have helped. Here is a website that you can use to receive monetary gifts for your wedding:

There are many others. 

I am sorry to hear your fiance was sick. Please have a wonderful wedding and ignore the many obnoxious comments posted here.
    Terrible advice.

• Looks like somebody got banned.

• Niashiaf said:
    Thanks for the responses we setup a checking account. People are giving us money Instead buying gifts by choice. Please keep rude comments to yourselves. My fiancé was sick for two months so they wanted to help us out.
    They can still just give you cash. 90% of our gifts were cash and check and we didn't need anyone to just deposit it for us.

Our comments aren't rude.
  • kmmssg said:
    Looks like somebody got banned.

I assume it's b/c she posted a link to the same article (presumably written by her) on several boards.
  • Whether your Fi was sick or not has nothing to do with starting a paypal account. No matter what the reason it is still rude.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards