Louisiana-New Orleans

First Look or No ??

Trying to decide if we are going to do the "first-look" or not.....any thoughts?

Thanks in advance! 

Re: First Look or No ??

• I am doing it! All the brides I have talked to that did it, did NOT regret it! The pictures come out so beautiful! And I think it is so much more personal!
  • I did a first look. We were able to do almost all of our pics before the ceremony so then we were able to just have a good time at the reception with our guests. Also got the tears out of the way in advance! The pics of that moment are some of my favorite.
  • I'm also doing it!
  • I'm doing it! I think it's good to have that private moment with your husband.  Also, not spending an hour or so on photos while your guests are waiting is also a plus :)
  • Did it and yes - do it!  It was a great way to spend some time with each other before the ceremony, and to get a lot of our formal pictures out of the way. We didn't have to do any during the reception time.  Our photographer, Beebe at Studio Tran, did a great job coordinating the whole thing - he and his second shooter got my groom and I out of different hotels on time and to our location without seeing each other, and then had my groom keep his back to me as I walked up to him.  We got great shots of the whole thing and it was fun to share the excitement with our family and bridal party.
  • We are not doing it. I really really considered it because it makes a lot of sense logisticly but in the end decided we wanted to go the traditional route.

I think it's a personal decision that only you and your groom can make.

You can't go wrong either way, the first moment that you lay eyes on each other on your wedding day is going to be special and meaningful no matter how you choose to do it!

• My fiance and I just went to a wedding this past weekend where they did all the formal shots in the church before the ceremony.  I'm sure it saved them time and aggravation, but we didn't like that we could see the bride before her big entrance at the ceremony.  All the guests could.  It took away from the ceremony itself.  I would just say if you are going to do it, don't let all your guests see you before your big moment walking down the aisle. 
  • We did it and my advice is to do it!  One of the most memorable moments of the whole day.  We did ours in a really pretty area of the hotel where we were staying.  Our photographer arranged it so we would't see each other prior to "the reveal".  We tried to get most of our family/wedding party pics done before the ceremony/reception so we'd have more time to enjoy the party too. :)
    dml
  • scowie15 said:
    My fiance and I just went to a wedding this past weekend where they did all the formal shots in the church before the ceremony.  I'm sure it saved them time and aggravation, but we didn't like that we could see the bride before her big entrance at the ceremony.  All the guests could.  It took away from the ceremony itself.  I would just say if you are going to do it, don't let all your guests see you before your big moment walking down the aisle. 
    Yes, definitely agree!  It'd be best to have those photos scheduled far enough in advance so that everyone is in place and ready to start the ceremony by the time guests arrive.
  • We did not do it and I am glad.  I was really pressuring my husband to do a first look but he was adamant that he didn't want to see me before.  

If you do decide to do it, I agree that is should be just you, your fiance, and the photographer, as suggested by others.  We went to a wedding recently where they took all the family pictures before hand and everyone saw the bride.  Aside from your mom, bridesmaids, etc. I wouldn't want the groomsmen or any of the guests to see you before.  Plus, it'll be a more intimate experience if it is just the two of you.
  • sonteramsonteram member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2013
    We are doing it! I used to photograph weddings and always found that it made the day so much easier. Not just that, I am really looking forward to a private moment that just the two of us can have before we are surrounded by people all night. 

I agree though, make sure you do it where no one else can see you. In the end though, you don't have to decide now, you can always wait until the day to see how you feel. :)
  • thank ya'll so much for advice...its nice to have other peoples point of views that i may not have thought of!! i think we will go for it :))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards