Connecticut

DJ Lighting

My fiancé and I are selecting our DJ package this week. Through his packages he offers no lighting, intelligent lighting or uplighting. Uplighting is a bit outside our DJ budget but if we end up finding some extra money closer to the wedding in May we would consider adding this. My question is did you have lighting at your reception? I'm a little concerned the intelligent lighting will make it look more like a club scene. And while we are looking to have a fun party, we still want to keep the look a bit on the classy side. Any other suggestions on what we could do?

Re: DJ Lighting

• I actually have the same question.  We are getting married at Latitude 41 at Mystic Seaport.  As we are going for a vintage nautical vibe it seems weird to have colored lights, but of course the DJs I've talked to have encouraged it so I'm not sure.  
  • We opted for no additional lighting. I spoke with our venue coordinator and she said candlelight is a better way to enhance the atmosphere in her opinion. We are planning on using pillar candles inside lanterns for centerpieces so I am okay with this.

We also looked at Latitude 41, it was one of our top contenders. Great venue and your pictures in the seaport will be amazing!

• So glad someone asked this I have been completely confused about uplighting and if it is necessary. We're getting married at Saltwater Farms which is on the darker side but we don't want it to look like a "club" so I was thinking we'd shy away from it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Uplighting is definitely not necessary, but we used it and LOVED it! I think it completely transformed the room and added so much to the overall atmosphere.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards