Outdoor Weddings

Renting Tents -- Help!

My venue is a gorgeous mansion in the hills of WV, but my wedding is in April, and the mansion couldn't hold nearly as many people as I am inviting (reception style). I'm worried about inclement weather, so I'm going to rent a tent. However, I received a few quotes and they are FAR too expensive. I'm wondering about your experiences, how you got the price down to fit your budget, and maybe a few tips on renting a tent?

I really hope I don't have to take out a loan to pay for it, but it's starting to look like it may be necessary.

Thanks!

Lyndsey

Re: Renting Tents -- Help!

• My venue is a gorgeous mansion in the hills of WV, but my wedding is in April, and the mansion couldn't hold nearly as many people as I am inviting (reception style). I'm worried about inclement weather, so I'm going to rent a tent. However, I received a few quotes and they are FAR too expensive. I'm wondering about your experiences, how you got the price down to fit your budget, and maybe a few tips on renting a tent?

I really hope I don't have to take out a loan to pay for it, but it's starting to look like it may be necessary.

Thanks!

Lyndsey

Your venue sounds gorgeous! I'd either reduce the size of your guest list or ensure you have a tent (without taking out a loan - totally not worth it). Or cut costs in other areas to afford a tent if you don't want to cut your guest list - cut programs, favors, accessories, do your own hair/make-up, etc. You have to ensure you have shelter for your guests however you decide to do it.
    *********************************************************************************

• Maybe ask your other vendors if they have suggestions for tent rentals--ask your photographer, florist, and DJ.  Most will have recommendations, or can help you get a deal.  Our caterer partners with a rental company, and we are going through them.  Try shopping around a little more, and make sure you are looking at the right size tent.  I personally was not able to figure out what size held how many tables, people etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards