African American Weddings

The Dress?!?!?!

How many of you ladies have bought your dress and when trying it on you were like "THIS IS IT....IM SAYING YES YES YES TO THIS DRESS" and considering you have some time before the wedding you have seen other dresses and been like thats cute or OMG i like that and doubted your dress... Well here i am kinda doubting my dress (not that i dont like it or love it even) Im just thinking hmmmm what about this other style that i saw.... SMH! Am i the only one that has been down this road???

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: The Dress?!?!?!

• I'm not there yet still deciding on a date lol! but u just brought up a good point. I will be watching this post
  • I see dresses that I see and like, but I don't think maybe I like them better than mine... But I'm kinda like that in life. Once I make up my mind I tend not to second guess myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Was doubting just last week. I'm too close to be doubting lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a little under a year left to the wedding and I just "said YES to the dress" this past weekend. I wonder if I will doubt as I come closer.... 

One thing that I have learned from the dress shopping experience is that things look so different in pictures and on the rack then when you actually put it on. With that said, I think that I am good as long as I don't start trying on dresses when I go shopping with my BMs or during my fittings. 

• I also brought my dress and when I first put it on I was not convinced it was for me. It was the complete opposite of what I was looking for. I tried on several dresses after that and still did not feel right. The lady at the shop asked me to put the first dress on and hooked it up with a veil and a flower comb. I looked in the mirror and wanted to cry. I fell in love with my dress after that.

I still see other dresses I think look good, but I go back to my picture in my cell of me in the dress and get that warm feeling all over again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Randy said to stop shopping once you find your dress lol 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Every other day I am doubting my dress.  I have to keep looking at my first fitting pics to keep me from jumping ship.  STOP LOOKING!  The more you look the more you are going to see.  

Easier said than done, right?  LOL!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Heres my thing ladies... i love my dress (dont get me wrong) but there are times i look and see other dresses and im like hmmmmm i wonder how would i look in that and especially since i have until June before we get married im thinking i have time but idk i may try on another dress but then again im not sure and looking at the pic in my phone kinda helps but then again im like was this the look i was going for LOL... im a mess i know LOL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Stop looking at other dresses!!! lol. You're probably ALWAYS gonna be able to find a dress that you feel may be a little better in some way or another but u chose ur dress b/c it was fabulous!!! You're gonna look amazing in it & no other dress matters!!! hahaha. Gotta try to think like that so that you aren't constantly changing you mind about your dress. At this point you have so many other details to think about. Mark dress shopping off the list b/c it's a major task & move on down the list love :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thedivav said:
    Randy said to stop shopping once you find your dress lol 

this .. plus @misstira.. i love your dress..I mean I know its not my dress and Im not waering it but I still really really really like it

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • ladycane015LeciaB LOL i know all of you ladies are right.... I got the dress lets move on to something else "LE SIGH" 

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• thedivav said:

THIS! Ol hardheaded heffa you, Tira! LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • MissusD1116 LMFAO....LOL LOL BWHAAAAAAA LOVE U TO GIRLY

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Girl I have done this with just about everything. The dress I have definitely done. I went as far as exchanging my dress for another one. Although I am happy with my choice, I definitely went back and forth for months.
    Mrs. Mosley 2 be
  • thedivav said:

times 1000.  Randy helped me find my dress - it was the last one I tried on.  then I promptly ignored his advice and spent the next idunnohowmanymonths comparing every dress I tried on to "THE" dress.   It's like picking your guy, if you know, then search no longer, she's your qu-heen-to-beehee.   If you don't know, choose elements that you love (reasonable stuff I don't mean feathers and a train made of snowflakes and yarn n' shyt) and trust the consultants to help with your must haves, you'll find her.  :)
  • It happens to me everytime I step into David's Bridal  ;-p

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• minsu5 said:

It happens to me everytime I step into David's Bridal  ;-p

LMAO! Boy, if you dont hush!

For real though, do you even feel like youre getting a fraction of the attention (customer service) that brides do? Seems like it would be disproportionate industry-wide
  • DRESS REGRET SUCKS...I WENT THRU IT..THEN REALIZED WITH THE ALTERATIONS IT'LL BE EXACTLY WHAT I WANT...A STRAPLESS,MERMAID FIT HI-LOW, WITH A LONG TRAIN
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    @sultryzulu, When I go for my fitting, you bet I'm bringing a bottle of champagne and will floss in front of the mirror like it's "Say Yes to the Dress."

Seriously, when it comes to mass marketing, yes, the industry is bridal focused. Pick up any magazine and you'll find a thousand dresses and no tuxes. However, in my experience with vendors one-on-one, they have been responsive to my needs. My only problem at this point is finding a minister or judge to officiate my wedding, but I can save that issue for a later post~

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards