Rhode Island

Cake help!

Has anyone used B&B Cakes or Scrumptions? I'm not in the area so if there are any cake vendors that I should stay away from, that would help too. Thanks!

Re: Cake help!

• I did a tasting with Scrumptions and did not use them.  We booked the tasting a week ahead of time, so the bakery had plenty of notice.  When we arrived, no one was expecting us and we generally felt like the employees were inconvenienced by our presence.  The person who worked with us (and I'm using "worked" very loosely here) dropped off the sampling plate (which was generally dry) and left us for much longer than we needed to eat it, came back for a few minutes, left again, etc.  She didn't sketch us any designs or really help us with our very loose vision at all.  And then she came back with a completely ridiculous quote.

We booked with Sin and so far have had a great experieince.  We had a dedicated person sit with us for the whole tasting and while we ate she sketched up 3 designs based on what we talked about before the samples were brought to us.  She tweaked them until we had a design we loved.  And their quote was literally less than half of the Scrumptions quote for the same size cake.
  • I highly recommend Wirght's Diary Farm for your wedding cake. Very nice to work with and there cakes are soooo good. Love them!!!
  • We used Scrumptions and it was amazing. They did four cakes for us that weekend and each one tasted awesome and looked great too. They are now our go to for family events. Jennifer waas great to work with.
  • I used scumptions for baby shower cake. The cake looked really great, was very expensive and tasted ok
  • Wright's Dairy Farm has amazing cakes!  My sister used them for her wedding and it was delicious.  I am getting our favors from them, I would be getting our cake from them but our cake is included in our venue package.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • sweet indulgence! you will not be sorry. beautiful and delicious!! we had a cupcake tower, small cake to cut and a candy bar all from them. best part of the wedding.
  • Wright's Dairy Farm or Sweet Indulgence would be my pick!  Be a little careful with Sweet Indulgence, though.  A wedding I went to a couple months ago was supposed to have a cake with scrolls on it, and it came plain w/only the requested bands at the bottom of each tier.  The couple wasn't too happy about that, but the cake did taste great!  No complaints about Wright's!  Scrumptions was way over priced and the cake wasn't great.  I could get better at BJs.
  • I second to be careful over sweet indulgence, I find you don't always get what you want, the owner often says one thing and then does another. Also, the cakes to me, are overly sweet.
  • Patti cakes in Wakefield! She's doing our cupcake tower :) her work is amazing!
    Sarah Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just had a tasting today at scrumptions and I am so excited to book with them. Jen is great and the cake (every one of them) is delicious! My fiancé and I really enjoyed our tasting today. We went with the strawberry and champagne cake. It is amazing.
  • glamorous0813glamorous0813 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2013
    For some reason I'm having trouble sending my message!
  • I'm so curious to ask what your quote is for your cake... ours, same filling as yours....$1157! Completely outrageous for a 4 tier cake. Shopping around I go!
  • Have you tried planet cakes? The owner is also a pastry chef professor at Johnson and Wales. He did my cake if you would like to see pics I can private message you them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards