Louisiana-New Orleans

Bar hop/ pub crawl Help

I want to to a pub crawl for the guests that are in town on Thursday night. My wedding is at the BOT so the majority of the guests are staying just to the Southwest side of canal street in the CBD so it would be best if we started there. Does anyone have suggestions as to the route and what bars to go to? I would like to maybe end the night on Bourbon St. at Pat O's but I don't really want to to be walking down Bourbon Street with the group. I am looking to stay on safe streets and go to bars that can accomodate a large group (there will be around 20-30 of us).

I am an OOT bride so suggestions on what bars to hit up would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Bar hop/ pub crawl Help

• It might be fun to start with a fancy cocktail at the Roosevelt Hotel.  They have a very pretty bar.
  • As far as streets go, Bourbon Street is very safe.  Large crowds, police and lights.  It's the dark, unoccupied streets that are more dangerous.  Parts of the CBD and Warehouse District tend to be dead at night.  You could try Lucy's on Tchoupitoulas as that is always filled with people, but it will be a long walk from there to Pat O's.  
  • The Hotel Monteleone has a carousel bar and can accomodate a large group. It is on Iberville and Royal, I think. 

I'm not sure what time you wanted to do the bar hop/pub crawl... But at several restaurants they have great drink and small plate specials from 5pm - 7pm, Bourbon House and Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse are on Iberville and in walking distance to Hotel Monteleone and Bourbon Street.  If you call ahead, I'm sure they could reserve the tables in the bar for you. 

Sobou is also near that area, they have a really fun atmosphere, interesting food and great drinks! 

Good luck!! :)  I'm also getting married at the BOT this year... I'll be on the look out for your reviews :)

• I do plan on going to carousel bar for sure, thanks for the other suggestions! I honestly can't believe the wedding is in less than two months...insane!
  • Depending on your crowd, it might be more fun to go to some of the more relaxed bars in the warehouse district.  Check out: Lucys Retired Surfer Bar, WINO, Barcadia, Tommys Wine Bar, Swizzle Stick (in the Loews), American Sector (WWII museum), Rusty Nail, Bellocq, Twist.

If you are looking for the French Quarter vibe...
    Fancier: Carousel Bar, Sazerac Bar, SoBou
    Or: Napoleon House, Pat Os, Erin Rose (small, though).

Or, you could always do a live music bar crawl on Frenchman.  Would definitely be a local scene.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards