New York-New York City

Veils and Headpieces

Hi Everyone!

I JUST found my dresses which is a complete load off of my shoulders. (As I’m sure many of you can relate.) I have one dress)  for the wedding (which is a long beaded Martina Liana dress ) and one for the reception (a beaded / feather Reem Archa “Angle Kisses” dress).  Right now, I am looking for a few different head pieces or veils and I was wondering where you all got yours.

I’m looking for a cage veil or a 1920’s inspired veil as well as an art deco rhinestone headpiece. 

What stores / websites could you recommend? (For vintage pieces or otherwise.)

Second question- how far in advance do you need to order your veil / head pieces?

Thank you! J

Re: Veils and Headpieces

• have you checked out BHLDN.com? It's the bridal division of Anthropologie and has a very vintage look
  • No! But I'll check it out. Thank you for the suggestion. :) 
  • You can also try etsy.com  - the have a TON of handmade vintage looking headpieces.
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Dont order one online unless you are really sure it will match your dress.... all whites are different depending on the fabric 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you for the suggestion, Mbecker912- if I don't see my dress again until the first fitting, how do I go about matching a veil / headpiece? 
  • I highly recommend a store in Brooklyn called Bridal Styles Boutique. I got my headpiece, veil, earrings and a bracelet there! The store is a pleasure to work with and their work is beyond beautiful. They custom make the headpieces, so even if they don't have what you're looking for (which will be HIGHLY unlikely) they will make it for you based on a picture or a description. As for matching your veil to your dress, the store where you purchased your dress should be able to give you a swatch so you can bring with you to match the veil. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh and in response to your second question, I ordered all my items from Bridal Styles a few weeks ago and everything will be ready at the beginning of January. They said on average their headpieces take about 6 months since they are custom made. My wedding is in March of 2014, so January is perfect for me. I can take everything to my dress fittings in January as well to see how everything will look together. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to the same shop i got my dress from if you cant find a veil there you should atleast be able to get a swatch but i wouldnt get one online because you never know... you can shop around some taylors do veils too especially the ones in the fabric district in NYC (its right near penn station)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tulips29 said:
    I highly recommend a store in Brooklyn called Bridal Styles Boutique. I got my headpiece, veil, earrings and a bracelet there! The store is a pleasure to work with and their work is beyond beautiful. They custom make the headpieces, so even if they don't have what you're looking for (which will be HIGHLY unlikely) they will make it for you based on a picture or a description. As for matching your veil to your dress, the store where you purchased your dress should be able to give you a swatch so you can bring with you to match the veil. 
    Completely agree! I purchased my headpiece, custom cathedral veil & DOJ from there & could not have been happier! Edward, Elaine & their staff were such a pleasure to work with!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you everyone! I'm looking into Bridal Styles now. The only problem I have with my dress is that it is a 2014, and it was a trunk show. They sent back the sample the day after I tried it, so I don't think they have a swatch. Grrr. 

Thank you for helping me figure out this tricky situation!
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2013
    You can get a swatch of your dress (for your veil) when you go for your alterations. Ask your seamstress to cut a piece of fabric off. My seamstress at Kleinfelds did that and I was able to match everything perfectly! You can also call the store where you ordered your dress from and order a swatch of your in the correct color. I ordered my veil (which was custom) a few months before my wedding & ordered my headpiece (approx 6 months before) by showing Edward (the owner of Bridal Styles) a few pictures of me in my my dres s.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Brilliant! Thanks for the advice. That is exactly what I will do. 

Thank you! :) 
  • Good luck! Really can't go wrong with Bridal Styles. I saw a ton of their pictures online before I was even engaged and was always amazed at the beautiful things they create and sell. Once I went to the store, it was like a sparkly heaven lol. The best part is their prices are very reasonable and they don't pressure you into buying anything. They will spend plenty of time with you selecting the perfect headpiece, jewelry, etc. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards