Idaho

Coeur D'Alene Resort Weddings

Does anyone know anyone who's been married at the Couer D'Alene Resort? I'm planning on getting married there next summer on a boat, and want to know what to expect. Anyone else getting married in Couer D'Alene?

Re: Coeur D'Alene Resort Weddings

• edited December 2011
    I used to live in Coeur d'Alene. :)
  • edited December 2011
    It's beautiful there :o) I am this Nov, so excited!!! The people are friendly and the view is amazing :o) You'll have a good time there!!
  • edited December 2011

Hi there,

Congratulations on you wedding! I live in Coeur d'Alene and was in a wedding last summer that was on one of the resort boats. It was a lot of fun and of course the lake is beautiful! 
    If you have questions send me a message on here or email me at cdaflorist@gmail.com. There are a few things you might want to think about depending on time of day your wedding is.
    Also, if you are in need of wedding flowers I am a local florist and would love meet with you. I work with many out of town brides via email and phone.
    Best of luck to you!
    Angela
    Angela Austin -*---***---*- Floral Design Coeur D'Alene,Idaho 208-773-3555
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,
    Thanks for the responses! I'm 9 months away from the big day, and have been having fun with the planning process. I have my dress and think I have the bridesmaids dresses picked out. I'm still undecided on wedding colors, but know I'll figure that out soon. I've also heard from the wedding planner which is a good thing, and know that things will fall in place. Things are looking good and I can't wait to get married on the lake!!!
  • A word to the wise - we had the most beautiful wedding - but it was in spite of, and not because of, the Coeur d'Alene Resort. While the staff was incredibly friendly, I found them to be among the least competent I have ever met in the event planning business. I did all of the wedding planning myself from across the country. I was told the wedding department preferred emails to phone calls, but it would regularly take multiple attempts on both to get my designated person to respond. Costs and arrangements were chronically incorrect when sent back or confirmed by the resort, even after being put in writing. There was something wrong with the room block every other week (they kept telling me that high turnover was impacting customer service. Every other week??) The florist, despite having a color swatch for several months, called me the day before the wedding to tell me that the flowers were the wrong color. When I got to the floral shop, it turned out she was using the wrong person's swatch, and the flowers were fine (although the ribbon color was completely different). The hotel offered to send my dress out to be steamed when I arrived a few days early, then lost it in a corner for 24 hours (in a crumpled pile that I stumbled upon when I ran behind the bell desk the next day to find something), only to then lose track of it for several hours the day before the wedding with no tag or number to track it. After charging me $2.50 for welcome bags for guests (not per room, per guest), I discovered that several guests did not receive them, and therefore missed out on some of the weekend's activities. On the day of the wedding, the free shuttle to/from the Best Western took my guests to the wrong location and had to be coaxed to turn around. At the end of the night, shuttle buses took more than 45 minutes to make the 10 minute round trip journey back to the hotel from the event center, with several little ones exhausted and melting down while waiting (I had to beg the cocktail waitress to call the manager because the wedding planner had left for the night). Every step of the way during the reception, I was being asked questions by my guests and DJ, without someone taking charge to help navigate so I could relax. In the end, we had a wonderful day that I will remember for the rest of my life. But brides beware, if you choose this spot, you either need your own wedding planner or a lot of time on your hands. The success of your day will be up to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards