Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Ending a Friendship with a Bridesmaid

2»

Re: Ending a Friendship with a Bridesmaid

• Options
    jcrmc said:
    The only posts I hate reading on TK boards are the ones that have nothing to do with the OP, or the topic in general, but rather just people fighting with each other. Wanna fight? Take it to another place - lets keep on topic here.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Good luck, this isn't going to be an easy conversation with her. After having the talk, I think the only thing you can do is cut all communication with her, block her number if you can. She sounds like a negative energy that you don't need in your life. Hopefully all of this will help her realize, it's not everyone else, it's her.
  • Options
    NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    Uh oh. Someone is having another bad day.
  • Options
    @AddieL73, It's like election time for new Mod's

• Options
    OP - it sounds like you are in a negative friendship where you feel the only fix is to end it completely. It also sounds like you have been having problems with this friend for the last 5 years and nothing has improved. That's really frustrating. 

It also sounds like she is a bridesmaid. If you did not correct her when she assumed, you were going to ask her to be one anyway, and you confirmed with her that she was one - then you allowed her into your bridal party. Kicking someone out of your bridal party is a friendship ending move. Sounds like you already know that, though.

The lesson here for other brides who may be lurking is that people won't change just because you make them part of your bridal party. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    @WinstonsGirl

Ooooh, maybe people are auditioning!!!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    It's campaign time.  To all KnotGods - I will give you all rainbow unicorns if you make me a new MOD!!  ;)

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Jen4948 said:
    scribe95 said:
    So she clearly was a bridesmaid.

And we generally on this forum tell people not to "fire" bridesmaids. She apparently hasn't done anything wrong except being unpleasant. And the OP admits she was this way before. We also tell people repeatedly not to expect a person to be magically different when they are suddenly a bridesmaid.

So, no, I would not kick her out. But if the OP wants to end the friendship then this move will clearly do that. No ifs, ands or buts.

And also to Jen. I am well aware of the recent bans and I take your comment, frankly, to be a threat. I said the move was douchey to fire her. That is not against TOS
    Look, I'm not a moderator and don't have the power to ban you.  But I do think, given what the moderators have decided to do, that your hostile attitude that you've been conveying in your posts could be something that they might decide on their own is undesirable and can get you banned.  So whether or not it's against the old, the new, or any TOS, I think it would be in everyone's best interests for you to cut out the snark.  "Douchey" seems to be a word that isn't going over well with the mods of late.
    There was another long time regular who frequently threatened to ban people, if only she could. She was banned. Remarks like that contribute to a hostile environment. The word 'douchey' is frequently used on the boards and I've never seen @KnotPorscha reprimand anyone for using it the way Scribe did. She didn't call OP a douchebag. 

I hope @KotPorscha will comment because it seems like everyone is confused about the TOS, right now. 

• Options
    Hey Everyone - We handled this with members offline this morning. Scribe's comments did not violate our TOS.
  • Options
    Thank you @KnotPorscha. I didn't think so, but I don't want to speak for you.

• Options
    JellyBean52513  Wow, I'm sorry you had to deal with that!  The last time I called this girl out, I totally expected her to blow up, and really, that would just make the decision that much easier.  Instead, she started crying, apologizing, making excuses (playing the victim), and make empty promises...it's so hard for me to turn someone away when they're like that...but there are only so many chances I can give and I can't risk her ruining the wedding- that's what will happen if she refuses to at least be civil to the other bridesmaids and she's already flat-out told me she's not willing to do that.

Anyway, I feel much more confident that I'm doing what I need to do, so thanks to everyone for the advice and input.  :)
  • Options
    @AshleyP42  IMO, you're right to end the friendship. Don't give her another chance to cause drama. Since you're locked in on the hotel reservations, do your best to make it through the weekend, with as little contact as possible. Tell her at the end of the trip, that you're joining the other team and the friendship has run it's course. That should take care of the bm issue, too. Good luck.

• Options

Hey Everyone - We handled this with members offline this morning. Scribe's comments did not violate our TOS.

@KnotPorscha do vague threats that attempt to change the way a user posts violate the TOS?
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards