Connecticut

Woodwinds in Branford - Feedback please!

My fiance and I are considering Woodwinds in Branford for our venue.  We really like the grounds for pictures and for the ambiance of the ballroom/patio, not to mention the food options.  The only "con" to this venue that I see is that there could potentially be another wedding taking place on the same day.  It looks like the venue is split in half for the most part but I was wondering if any of you on this site have been to a wedding at this venue before and if so, do you think this is a valid concern?  Any feedback you have on this venue is also welcome.  Thank you!!!

Re: Woodwinds in Branford - Feedback please!

• I attended to a wedding at the woodwinds and there was another wedding there as well.  I had a great time, the only problem was that the ceremony location was too small. Not enough chairs for everyone.
    I didn't get a chair and I hated to be standing for 30min. under the crazy sun. other that that... I had a great time. It is a beautiful place.
    go for it, if you like it.
  • We got married there in April and there was another wedding at the same time. I only know that because I happened to see the other bride arrive when we were taking photos.  Other than that, you couldn't tell that there was another wedding going on.  They were great.  The food was good and the staff was really helpful.

We had a church ceremony, so can't speak to PP's experience with the ceremony. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I got married there and would highly recommend them.  There was another wedding there but the times were staggard.  My wedding was the later wedding so myself and the bridesmaids were able to sneak up into the bridal suite but there was someone at the door directing my guests directly to the waterfall.  The other wedding ended before mine obviously and a few people tried to sneak over to my wedding but the staff was on top of that and wouldn't let them crash.  We had such a wonderful experience there, food was great, price was great, contact people were awesome, and Scott was right there for every important event that night.  He made sure we got to eat and greet our guests.  As another PP said, the chairs were so tight together that even though they had enough for everyone many people stood.  They didn't mind though since our ceremony was about 10 mins long.
  • Thank you everyone for your feedback.  I think this is where we plan to have our wedding next September!  We are in the middle of contract stuff now.  I will make sure to talk to the staff about possibly spacing out the chair set-up for the ceremony.  We really like the location under the weeping willow and only plan to have 125-150 people so there should be no reason for lack of seating space.  Thanks again!
  • We went to a wedding in may they had 119 people and there were plenty of seats....I don't remember the chairs being tight so if they were it obviously didnt bother me.
  • You shouldn't have trouble then.  We had 200 guests and were in front of the waterfall.
  • @gorgeous2982 woo hoo ... let us know when you book them.
  • We attended a wedding at the woodwinds.  We stayed at a near by hotel.  The ceremony was beautiful.  The food was delicious!  We really had a great time!  They had a divider up and we really didn't notice the other wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards