Colorado

Plus Size Dresses

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knows of any plus size bridal places in Colorado? I am a size 18w and I am having a really hard time finding places that carry a good selection of dresses for me to try on. I tried David's Bridal first of course, and it was the most horrible experience ever. I ended up crying the rest of the day because of how horrible they made me feel. Help please!

Re: Plus Size Dresses

• edited December 2011
    Oh dear...which David's did you go to? I went to one in Denver and one in Grand Junction, and I had an alright experience at both of them. Not awful, not fantastic, but just....regular. What happened?

I didn't try any other stores...I only had a few days to check out dresses while traveling through and had  to pick a dress during that trip. I did a location search for Alfred Angelo's and they don't have any actual stores in CO, but there are a lot of "partner stores"--could you try any of those? You can always look up the numbers of bridal salons near you and just call and ask if they have plus sized dresses in stock. I did that for one store (also an AA partner) in Twin Falls, ID (I live in NV nowhere near a bridal salon). The store was teensy though and they had hardly anything---pretty much just enough to say that they had "some". Ask if they have any and then maybe ask what kind of selection they've got before you make an appointment (?).

Good luck....don't give up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the one in Colorado Springs. I have actually been to the one in Grand Junction with a few friends of mine for their dresses and it was just as bad. I have called a few places here where I live and they said that they have a pretty good selection. So fingers crossed. I have an appointment on Friday and Saturday. 
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if it's too far away for you, but I LOVED the boutique I went to! Amanda's Bridal in Arvada. I'm usually a size 14 or 16 and ended up being an 18 in bridal gowns. They had a large selection for me to try on! The staff was friendly, knew what they were talking about, and even gave me a few suggestions when I was at a loss and frustrated about my BMs being bossy and not finding "the dress" right away. Smile I would give them a try!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have a few appointments in Denver so if those don't work then I will look into that place. Thank you so much for your help!
  • edited December 2011

I'm sorry the GJ one didn't work out for you. Like I said, it was mediocre at best.

Good luck to you! Don't give up!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I just saw the owner of Little White Dress Bridal shop here in Denver and she said all wedding dress run at least two sizes smaller than what we normally wear.  She does carry dresses in larger sizes, so you could call and check.  I went to both D'Anelli and Bridal Collection and they had some in larger sizes.  Don't let anyone make you feel bad.  If they can't give you great customer service, they don't deserve your time and especially your money!  Good luck.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your encouragement guys. I went to a place here in Colorado Springs today called Something New Boutique and they were amazing! I found two dresses that I absolutely love. I am thinking I may still go look at one other place just to make sure but I am pretty sure that I found the one! Yay! Thanks again for all of your ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    Excellent!! I'm so happy for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's really good to hear.  Glad you had a great experience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• wendelyn40wendelyn40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the David's Bridal in Westminster and they were great!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards