October 2014 Weddings

newly engaged as of Aug 1st

I'm totally in love with this site! My FI and I have been together a short time, since Jan 25th 2013 we knew very early that we had found our soul mates. This will be my second marriage, first for him. We decided on the long engagement because we both want our "dream" wedding and want everything perfect. My first wedding was quickly put together in my parents living room. We are super exciting about planning but for me its overwhelming. We are trying to pick colors and our wedding party. I have 3 kids, I would like to include them but dont know how comfortable each child would be. My sister has mentioned she would like to be my MOH but we have a very off and on closeness. I would love to have my BFF, who is a guy be in the wedding as well. How many of you have every detail planned out? I'm curious if anyone else is freaking out like me.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: newly engaged as of Aug 1st

• first step...take a deep breath....first things first, decide on a budget and then a guest list, go from there.

Yes, your best guy friend can be a part of your wedding, have him stand up with you on your side.

Your sister does not pick your MOH YOU do, and if you want that to be your bff instead of her then ask him to do so.

as for your kids, ask them what they will be comfortable with and again, go from there.

As for the small details, colors, flowers etc. I would say just pick your favorites and whats in season and build on that.

If you have questions feel free to ask, thats what this forum is for! :D

Anniversary
  • Forgot to mention our date :Oct 25th 2014. We picked that date because everything has happened on the 25th for us. We started dating on the 25th, both of our birthdays fall on the 25th (mine is aug his is feb) and I moved in with him on May 25th 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats! 

I'm totally in love with this site! My FI and I have been together a short time, since Jan 25th 2013 we knew very early that we had found our soul mates. This will be my second marriage, first for him. We decided on the long engagement because we both want our "dream" wedding and want everything perfect. Not to freak you out more, but October 14 really isnt that long of an engagement. I think its now considered average. My first wedding was quickly put together in my parents living room. We are super exciting about planning but for me its overwhelming. Its overwhelming for everyone. We are trying to pick colors and our wedding party. Colors don't have to be limited to fall colors if you dont want them. Dont feel limited! I have 3 kids, I would like to include them but dont know how comfortable each child would be. This is pretty new to them. I say wait a month or two then ask them. It will give them time to become accustom to your new engagement. How old are they?  My sister has mentioned she would like to be my MOH but we have a very off and on closeness. I would love to have my BFF, who is a guy be in the wedding as well. Pick who YOU want to be your MOH. Not who  you feel you should ask. I would ask your BFF if thats who you really want! How many of you have every detail planned out? I have a lot of details in my head. I think come October I'll start buying supplies. I'm curious if anyone else is freaking out like me. 

I'm not freaking out yet because as long as we get married on our day I'll be happy. I think my major concern is our budget and how much we can save before the wedding. 

• My kids are 18,16, and 9. The 18 year old isn't exactly happy her dad and I divorced. The 16 year old loves my FI and my 9 year old son loves everyone that shows him attention lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome to the October 2014 board! Congrats on your engagment!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards