Wedding Invitations & Paper

Programs

I have been putting these off and I need to buckle down and get going on them. I worked sooo hard on my invites that I don't feel like working on any other stationary now!!!

First I need to figure out what to put in them. I have seen different things over the years at other weddings. The basics; like a rough outline of ceremony and who's who. I have also seen a love letter to both the bride and groom from each other.

I would love to hear what others have included in theirs, the basics and the extra stuff!

Anniversary

Re: Programs

• We included a special thanks section, I think, that may have been on our table #/menu cards. I can't remember.

• I have been putting these off and I need to buckle down and get going on them. I worked sooo hard on my invites that I don't feel like working on any other stationary now!!!

First I need to figure out what to put in them. I have seen different things over the years at other weddings. The basics; like a rough outline of ceremony and who's who. I have also seen a love letter to both the bride and groom from each other.

I would love to hear what others have included in theirs, the basics and the extra stuff!
    This is really all you need.  If you have religious, cultural, or other special traditions that large percentages of your guests may not be aware of, you might include that.  If anything in the ceremony will be in a foreign language, you might include a translation into English.  If you or your FI want to give a tribute to deceased or absent loved ones, you might do this as well.  You can also give special thanks, although I think the persons you are thanking would probably prefer a customized personal letter or testimonial if they are vendors.

But I think a program isn't really the place for anything really personal between the couple, such as the love letter from bride to groom or vice versa, 
  • LFKLFK member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    I have a bunch of templates you can download if you want to try that. The link is in my Bio. 
  • We had a "welcome" section w/ our names/date/location ceremony outline w/ a call to join us at the reception afterwards; WP, parent, grandparent, officiant and musician names; a "thanks for supporting us"; and we printed off our readings so people could follow along (we got great reviews on this). 

That was it. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Ours are like tri-fold brochures.  On the "outside" one panel is the front and has our name and date on it, the very back has our thank you and the other flap has reception info with driving directions. On the "inside" the middle has the outline of the ceremony, the left side has parents, reader and officiant names and the right side has the WP.
  • I have been putting these off and I need to buckle down and get going on them. I worked sooo hard on my invites that I don't feel like working on any other stationary now!!!

We opted to not have programs.  Our ceremony was short and sweet and pretty easy to follow along, so we saved the time and money.
  • The only reason we have programs is because we're having a Quaker wedding and want to explain that to guests since they'll be invited to speak and to sign our marriage certificate. I designed them myself on half an 8.5" x 11" sheet so they're easy to print at home. In addition to the ceremony info, they also have a list of who's who and a note of thanks to our guests. Easy peezy!
  • Honestly...unless your wedding has something super complicated...you can skip the programs.  They aren't necessary and they are just one more thing you have to spend time/money on.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all the input ladies!

We will be having a unique ceremony with the Jewish elements that are added from my religion. About 20% of our guests will know these traditions and what is going on, while the rest will not. I think having the programs will help give more information to our guests to help fully enjoy the ceremony.

Anniversary
  • There are actually wedding program items on Vistaprint and that is what we are planning to do.
    Nice! I have a groupon for them I haven't used yet!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards