Washington

Need venue ideas... PLEASE!

Right now we have a DW planned but we are thinking of changing it to a small wedding of 50ish people here in WA. We dont have very much money at all, we are looking at B&B's and small Inn's to keep cost down. Anyone have any ideas of venues in WA that will do a small wedding for cheap?

BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Need venue ideas... PLEASE!

• edited December 2011

Right now we have a DW planned but we are thinking of changing it to a small wedding of 50ish people here in WA. We dont have very much money at all, we are looking at B&B's and small Inn's to keep cost down. Anyone have any ideas of venues in WA that will do a small wedding for cheap?

BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker
  • sarahandcolinsarahandcolin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check out the Golden Gardens Bathouse- I would have done it here in a second if my wedding was small enough. It is a Seattle public building so it is less expensive than most.  It is a little more rustic and has a Seattle urban feel, so it all depends on what you want. I think I have searched literally every wedding venue, so I am full of recommendations.

Here is the link to Golden Gardens:
    http://www.ci.seattle.wa.us/parks/reservations/goldengardens.htm

• edited December 2011
    Where in WA? Are you in Seattle? Or Eastern Washington?
  • weeonekaseyweeonekasey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know alot of places in NW WA, but it really differs depending on where you are
  • edited December 2011
    The Meeker Mansion is one you should also check out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • GenwardGenward member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Not sure exactly what you're looking for but I got married 3 months ago and used an ADORABLE church on upper Queen Anne and it was only $600!!  I couldn't find a better price ANYWHERE else!

It made for GORGEOUS pictures.  I had an outdoor wedding with an indoor reception but you can choose indoor for your ceremony.

It's the Seattle Church of Christ. Booking & other contact info:

For booking:
    Tina Robinson
    tina@robdesignresidential.com

Building addy:
    2555 8th Avenue West

Seattle, WA 98119

• edited December 2011
    Semiahmoo Resort.

A friend of mine just got married there and they paid for it themselves so they had to keep costs low.  The resort has the space to accomedate large weddings, but also has a smaller space availabel for a more intimate wedding.  My friend had a guest list of about 50 people and it was just right.
  • edited December 2011
    The semiahmoo is a nice venue. something even cheaper is the bellingham ferry/cruise terminal. it runs 100 an hour (1,000 for the whole day) and you can do the cerimony AND reception there.
    On the water, with the view of the water AND mountains. lots of places to stay right around there as well. they are also very lenient on what caterer you use (which you will find is a BIG breaker for some places... places with cheap venue rental usually is expensive catering wise)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards