Just Engaged and Proposals

Engagement Photos

I just got engaged and we are planning for at least a 2 year engagement to save and prepare. I was wondering how soon after the proposal are you supposed to do your engagement photos? Especially if you want to use the photos to announce your engagement and use them as a save the date? When is too soon/ too late?

Re: Engagement Photos

• Stds don't go out until 9-12 months before of you want them (they aren't required). Most couples do their e pics with their wedding photographers; it's sometimes part of the package, and it gives them a trial with them to see their work and get comfortable with that person. I would wait until at least you are that far into your planning where you have your vendors, including photographer, picked out and then pick the time of year you would most like pictures.

• Also if you are saving and don't have the money now, I would even suggest skipping the engagement announcements and STDs are they aren't required and put that money towards invitations and thank you cards in the future.
    We had a 10 month engagement and booked our photographer within a month after engagement. I guess it depends on when you wedding is, and where you are located on when you should book a photographer.
  • You can take epics whenever you like. Some couples do them right after others wait closer for an announcement. We were engaged in Dec of 11 and took epics in May 2012. But We wanted warmer weather and waited for a local amusement park to open.
    Theres no specific time to do them...whatever suits you.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We didn't do save the dates, but we got engagement pics (because they were free with the photography package we got). We did our pics June 9, 2013 and are getting married October 5th, 2013.

It also depends what season you what them in too...did you want colourful fall pics, nice bright spring/summer ones?

• want* not what.

• I was engaged this past December and we just took our epics 2 weeks ago. We are going to be married in August of next year. We are getting married on a holiday weekend so we want to send out Save the Dates in advance to make sure that everyone knows about the date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards