Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Exton area barn venue?

OK, you are all probably tired of me asking....

but can anyone give suggestions on a low-cost barn (or barn-type) venue in the Exton/Malvern area?  (The Stone Barn was awesome-but WAY out of our budget!)

Expecting 175-200 guests, but need to stay below $30pp.  Is that even possible in this area??  I'm thinking DD might have to cut the guest list in order for us to keep to our $10-12,000. budget.  :/

thanks-

Re: Exton area barn venue?

• edited December 2011
    ...what are you looking for for $30pp?  Keep in mind that dinner out at Cheesecake Factory generally runs me $30pp...if you're looking for a full reception package, I'm not sure where you'll find that anywhere...
  • edited December 2011
    Woah!  $30pp!  
    CUT the list my friend.  Finding places under $100 is difficult.  

Are you looking for a BBQ?  

The problem is you want to have a Mid West priced reception on the Main Line.  

Is that $10K for the whole wedding, photog, dress, flowers, etc?
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to keep many of those guests, you should look into Fridays, Sundays, or Saturday afternoons. You could also do just a punch and dessert reception if you time it so that it doesn't fall on a normal meal time. You could also always to a backard BBQ type of thing and do the food yourself to cut out the space fee and caterer price.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • feinicstinefeinicstine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_exton-area-barn-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ebe1c430-6949-4422-90ee-612ba5a9c78dPost:8efefbba-a49e-4887-b531-ba6cfad21528">Exton area barn venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK, you are all probably tired of me asking.... but can anyone give suggestions on a low-cost barn (or barn-type) venue in the Exton/Malvern area?  (<strong>The Stone Barn was awesome-but WAY out of our budget!</strong>) Expecting 175-200 guests, but need to stay below $30pp.  Is that even possible in this area??  I'm thinking DD might have to cut the guest list in order for us to keep to our $10-12,000. budget.  :/ thanks-
    Posted by bridalgal50[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Poo, that's where I'm getting married and I was totally going to suggest it.</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't know if < $30pp is possible in the area since you're going to get in to horse land.  My family has a membership to Radnor Hunt Club and I know it's gorgeous and they do weddings, so maybe see there?  No idea on their cost though, I just know they aren't booked solid.</div><div>
    </div>
  • edited December 2011
    If you want to move your wedding to a different area - Mermaid Lake in Blue Bell - Montgomery County - does have a barn (fee is about $200) for weddings and  I believe their buffet is around $30 per person or less.  You do have to provide your own liquor.  Another place that is kind of new is in Collegeville called Northern Star Farms.  It is a working farm with a barn of course  They have a couple of buildings for smaller parties, but would tent a wedding you size.  If you did a BBQ, you probably could do it for that cost.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_exton-area-barn-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ebe1c430-6949-4422-90ee-612ba5a9c78dPost:d781542b-b674-40ab-a399-0916ecdf4887">Re: Exton area barn venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Exton area barn venue? : Poo, that's where I'm getting married and I was totally going to suggest it. I don't know if < $30pp is possible in the area since you're going to get in to horse land.  My family has a membership to Radnor Hunt Club and I know it's gorgeous and they do weddings, so maybe see there?  No idea on their cost though, I just know they aren't booked solid.
    Posted by feinicstine[/QUOTE]

<div>I think they are over $125 pp, plus tax and grat.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards