Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Shower/co-worker issue

My FI and I have decided to have a smaller wedding with our family and a few close friends in October of this year This has caused us to cut our list to only include close family and friends.  I work with a large group of people and have been trying to plant the seed that we are keeping it small but I keep getting questions about having a shower with everyone from work.  I know that etiquette is to not invite people to showers that aren't invited to the wedding but how do I address co-workers that want to throw a shower? Help!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Re: Shower/co-worker issue

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Work and church showers are exceptions to that rule. 

edit - grammar

• Options
    Perfect thank you so much! 
  • Options
    It's not uncommon where I work to have a bridal shower for a co-worker, but we don't expect to be invited to the co-workers wedding. We do it because we like the person (and it's always fun to have an excuse for a party) 
  • Options
    Work showers are ok
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Work showers are okay! Specially if you have been dropping the hint that you are keeping it small and tight. They will not expect you to invite the entire office.
  • Options
    My work recently threw me a shower and I didn't invite a single co-worker to the wedding. They were all genuinely happy for me and liked having a celebration. Champagne and brownies during work- who wouldn't be happy?! The men didn't participate but they knew about it- and answered the phones, etc., and a tray of cookies were given to them.
    Don't sweat it- it's a milestone event that people enjoy and showers let people know that they care.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards