Luxury Weddings

I picked my baker!

I finally picked a baker yesterday for my cake. I'm so excited. I've spent months coming up with the design for my cake and the baker I met with yesterday had a couple more ideas that made it even better. She said she couldn't wait to make my cake because they are always doing the same kinds of cakes and she was excited to have something different and more elaborate to do. 

Re: I picked my baker!

• Cool!  What's the design of the cake?
  • It's kind of hard to explain, but it will be champagne with an ivory "lace"(icing that looks like lace) draped over the tops of each cake. Then it will be decorated with gumpaste roses inbetween each layer, but the cakes will look like they're floating on the roses because of the way it will be put together. I realize that probably doesn't make any sense which would explain why I was at the cake shop for 2 hours. LOL
  • It sounds gorgeous! It's so fun to find a baker who's excited about baking your cake because they like your design. Ours is, and it's awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know it is awesome. I know some people don't care about the cake, but to me it's an important part of the decor and not just dessert for everyone. We're actually only having about 30 people at our wedding, but there will be enough cake for everyone to have multiple pieces and take some home. LOL
  • Cool-are you doing different flavors?
    My cake is not part of the decor at all looks-wise-it's a design my FI wants, and it'll be one flavor throughout. It's a 3D sculpted one, that's why. It's very cool how excited the guy is about doing this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What 3D shape is your cake? My FI wasn't interested in the cake at all. He said "I like cake when I'm eating it and then I forget about it so just do what you want". LOL So the cake is all me. He would rather put his input into the food and music.

We are doing different flavors. Since everyone can have more than one piece I figured we might as well do different flavors so they can try both.
  • That sounds amazing. Do you have inspiration photos? I love the color/lace/floating ideas!
    *********************************************************************************

• I wish I had inspiration photos. The only photo I had of the lace look I wanted the baker kept. The rest of it we just kind of made up. I'll definitely post pics when it's done, but that won't be for another 9 months.
  • It's a spaceship from an obscure TV show. Because I actually don't like cake that much, and this was really important to him, I've shrugged it off and we'll have at least one other dessert that's more to my taste-likely either a local creme brulee food truck or a gelato cart.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What TV show?
  • Babylon 5. It's from the 90's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's cool that you could find a baker to make that for you.
  • Yes, it is!  The guy doing specializes in 3D cakes-he made a lifesize Lady Gaga for a sweet 16 recently-and is looking forward to the challenge. Also, he likes the show too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards