Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Music Problem, need advice!

So my fiance and I were discussing the music the other day. He mentioned that his mother, my future mother in law, wanted to know if we were going to include Mexican music. My fiance is Hispanic, and so is his whole family, which happens to be the majority of our guests. I however am white and my family only includes about 15% of the guest list. I am very particular about my music. I love my music. Music to me makes or breaks a mood. Before his mother asked us, we were set with our genre, which includes soft rock, rock, 70's, 80's, 90's some modern, no rap or that stuff and indie, that's it. I'm not too fond of Mexican music. I absolutely do not want that music at my wedding, however am I being selfish? I need some advice seeing as both families are torn with this decision. 

Re: Music Problem, need advice!

• Options
    If most of your guests are Hispanic and might enjoy that type of music, I think it is a good idea to include some of it.  Maybe you could play a few Mexican songs during the night along with your preferred music.  Alternatively, you could just have some Mexican music during the cocktail hour. 
  • Options
    I hate polka music but my grandfather was in a polka band so we're including ONE or TWO polka songs. It won't kill you and a lot of your guests will enjoy it. Have a drink with your girlfriends while your in-laws dance to that music, it's 10 minutes of the night. 
  • Options
    This is a pretty easy thing to do that will make your FMIL very happy. Just play a few Mexican songs in between your other music. You probably won't even notice it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards