Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Style suggestions for thin/fine hair

I have very fine blonde hair that goes a few inches lower than my shoulders. It does not hold style. Curl tends to relax to waves within a few hours. I always just thought I would have my hair up for my wedding given it's nature, but my fiance hates it up and really wants it down. We have discussed a compromise of a half up do, but I really don't want straight hair. I'm still a few months away from a trial and have not yet discussed this with any professionals. Fellow fine haired brides- how did you wear your hair? 

Re: Style suggestions for thin/fine hair

• You'll be surprised by what a professional can do.I also have fine hair that won't hold a curl, but if I don't wash it for a day an spray the crap out of it with hair spray, it will! Talk to a stylist before you give up on wearing your hair down (if that's what you want).
  • SBmini said:
    I have very fine blonde hair that goes a few inches lower than my shoulders. It does not hold style. Curl tends to relax to waves within a few hours. I always just thought I would have my hair up for my wedding given it's nature, but my fiance hates it up and really wants it down. We have discussed a compromise of a half up do, but I really don't want straight hair. I'm still a few months away from a trial and have not yet discussed this with any professionals. Fellow fine haired brides- how did you wear your hair? 
    FI & I compromised. I did half up half down. When I did my hair trial I told the person who did my hair that my hair doesn't hold curl very well. With the trial he had me wear it out and see how long it stayed in. We did date night and it stayed up all night etc. So it was a good start.
    The day of the wedding, when I got to the the salon the person who did my hair washed it, blew dried it and curled it and sprayed a crap ton of stuff and it stayed pretty well. I packed bobbie pins in my emergency kit as well as hair spray.
  • emmyg65 said:
    You'll be surprised by what a professional can do.I also have fine hair that won't hold a curl, but if I don't wash it for a day an spray the crap out of it with hair spray, it will! Talk to a stylist before you give up on wearing your hair down (if that's what you want).
    I completely agree! Go for what you really want...a stylist can make it happen
  • Besides, that's why you have a trial as well. See if it works with your hair. I have the same problem, I have little and fine hair so a lot of hairstyles simply don't look good. Talk to whoever is doing your hair, see what they advise you as well, and then give it a test ride.
  • Last time I had my hair professionally styled, when I was a jr bridesmaid at the age of 14, it didn't hold :/ They sprayed the crap out of it too. I had the crispiest of spiral curls, as did my sister who has thicker hair. End of the night, her's was perfect, mine was totally flat. 
  • My hair is fine and about an inch above shoulder length; also totally straight.  In the trial, we decided she's going to put my hair in hot rollers for volume and then do a half up-do.  She also suggested that she make it so that at some point I can pull out a few pins and let it down, just in case it starts falling flat.

• I also have very fine hair so I used extensions for my wedding and did a half-up.  My only other option would have been a low updo which is what I would have done had I not worn extensions. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards