Flowers

Should I have tipped the florist more?

A friend of a friend of mine runs her own floral business, sort of on the side. She only does a handful of weddings a year, but she does beautiful work. She and I talked budget only in the form of wanting to keep it low. She was able to tell me how much the 100's of little vases would cost, but other than that the overall cost was a surprise to me. She didn't mark anything up and didn't charge for labor or delivery, and the final estimate was around $3,300. It was 10 days before the wedding and I just didn't have time (or energy) to negotiate. Plus she's a friend who really was doing me a favor and already cut the costs. I had budgeted $200 for her tip. Was that too little? I mailed it to her and never heard back from her so now I'm worried that I've insulted her

Re: Should I have tipped the florist more?

• My understanding is you don't have to tip the florist - the delivery person if it is not the florist themselves you do (I think). If she wanted more money she would have included it in the bill. I would send her a thank you note with photos of the flowers that she can use to drum up business.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• A friend of a friend of mine runs her own floral business, sort of on the side. She only does a handful of weddings a year, but she does beautiful work. She and I talked budget only in the form of wanting to keep it low. She was able to tell me how much the 100's of little vases would cost, but other than that the overall cost was a surprise to me. She didn't mark anything up and didn't charge for labor or delivery, and the final estimate was around $3,300. It was 10 days before the wedding and I just didn't have time (or energy) to negotiate. Plus she's a friend who really was doing me a favor and already cut the costs. I had budgeted $200 for her tip. Was that too little? I mailed it to her and never heard back from her so now I'm worried that I've insulted her
    Wow that's a lot for flowers. I think $200 was plenty. You could write her a yelp review if that would help. But I think you are good to go.
  • Thanks for your help, everyone!
  • As a Past florist, $3000 really isnt that much. If your sure she didnt up the charges I would give her a tad more. A wedding is Alot of work. It takes 3 full 8 hour days to design the average wedding plus set up and delivery time and all the time it takes to secure flowers with wholesalers etc. Although 3 grand sounds like alot you probably got a 5-6000 wedding. If possible id give atleast 500 for all her efforts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards