Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Choosing a ring, worth paying extra for them to made together?

I am trying to buy a wedding ring set for my significant other (I'm the groom). I haven’t popped the question quite yet so I don’t want to ruin the surprise.  I visited one store that offers to custom make the rings together for a small fee (you can also get them matching too). Part of me thinks that it is a cool idea that the rings share a common history and symbolize that we are connected but I am not sure. Looking for other perspectives/advice, is it worth it?

Re: Choosing a ring, worth paying extra for them to made together?

• Options
    I think it depends on you girlfriend.  I know that I wanted to have a say in what my wedding band looked like so even though I know I would have been happy with whatever H had gotten me, part of me would have always wished I had a say in the wedding band that I was to wear for the rest of my life.  Then again, even though I didn't have any input, per se, in the e-ring, I did leave a lot of hints and pictures laying around to lead him in the right direction.

• Options
    I agree with Maggie. It really depends in your significant other. Have you bought a lot of jewelry for them before? Enough to know what their tastes are? Have they ever indicated what kinds of wedding band they would like (either through hint-dropping or in an actual discussion)?

There is a middle ground, sort of. If you like this jeweler that you've found, you could get the engagement ring, and then return to the jeweler when it comes time to pick out wedding bands. You could then show your partner some of the matching options, if they're interested.

It's so common to buy someone an engagement ring, and then buy the wedding bands separately, that you're very likely to find matching bands that match the engagement ring, either because you went back to the jeweler, or because (depending on the engagement ring) it's not too hard to find bands to match engagement rings.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Jessica41381Jessica41381 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    I agree with op, I didn't have a say when it came to my ering (i absolutely love it)but when it came to bands for him and I we each picked our own then bought them together. My e ring is a simple princess cut solitare so instead of a band I went with an enhancer and my husband went for a band he loved.. It was a win win.

I think it comes down to what you think your gf will like.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards