Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower-Panty Game

Has anyone played the panty game. If so, how did your guests react? Was anyone offended. I thought of doing it for the shower because I think it would be great fun but of course would hate to offend my future in-laws (I don't think it would but you never know). This is the poem we thought about using (my sister asked that I give her an idea- this was my only help. I am not planning my own shower). If we don't do it for a shower maybe a bach. party. 

Rose are red, violets are blue
Groom and Bride, are about to say "i do"
Frilly or silly, naughty or nice
Let's give their honeymoon, a little bit of spice!
Please help bride by bringing a pair of panties to the shower.
Remember, we want to knock groom off his feet but still let him know what everyday life will be like!

Re: Bridal Shower-Panty Game

• edited December 2011

I just came back from a bach. trip and we did a panty game.  Eveyone knew ahead of time (no poem though), we each bought a pair of panites, put them in matching white bags and the bride had to guess who got her the panties.  If she got it wrong, she had to take a "drink" and if she got it right, the person who bought them had to take a "drink".  It was pretty funny and she got some cute undies. 

As far as offending anyone, I think it depends on the group of ladies.  If you think it will offend someone, I would not do it.  The bride doesn't need anything to be embarrassing.  Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    I think it would be fun to do at the b-party! Since the mothers and grandmothers aren't usually invited to the b-party.
  • hanson2Bhanson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've played that twice, and both times, it was at the bachelorette party.  I don't think it's quite appropriate for a shower with the older relatives and such.  Definitely more of a bachelorette party thing.  Everyone seemed to really have fun with it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hannahhannah1hannahhannah1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I HAD THIS PARTY FOR MY BRIDAL SHOWER! It was soooo much fun! I got 40 pairs! I got married in August and I just can't seem to get enough of this wedding stuff. So, I made a blog for future brides to read the secrets and tricks that I figured out. Check out my DOS and DON'TS and advise: 

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hannah:  enough with your dopey blog.  How many posts did you create today to hawk it?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd do it for the bach. party...I can't imagine how awkward it would be to open panties in front of my grandmother and great-grandmother - both of who were in attendance at my bridal shower.  

Just my $0.02.
  • edited December 2011
    love this idea for a bachelorette party! Im gonna have to tell my maid of honor about this! I agree that it might be awkward to do in front of older relatives, plus they probably would buy weird underwear. I would be freaked out if my grandma bought me something sexy! yuck
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I would refuse if someone offered to throw me a party that had everyone giving me underwear.  I probably would not attend a party where I was expected to buy someone underwear.  For one thing certain things are just private.  For another I am very particular about what I wear and can pretty much guarentee I would't wear any of the underwear people would give at a party. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's much more of a bachelorette party game, than a shower.
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This.  Exactly.

>>>I would refuse if someone offered to throw me a party that had everyone giving me underwear.  I probably would not attend a party where I was expected to buy someone underwear.  For one thing certain things are just private.  For another I am very particular about what I wear and can pretty much guarentee I would't wear any of the underwear people would give at a party. 
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are some things that should just be private.  And my underwear is one of them.  Your underwear is another one of them.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • kristenrmu22kristenrmu22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bach party it is. I think my girl friends would love it. Thanks girls. 
  • mamamindymamamindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how your bachelorette parties went, but people gave me things that were extremely personal...ie: panties, battery opperated toys, etc... that is just want happens at a bachelorette party... I think you need to loosen up.
  •  After reading all these comments I would ave to say I guess it depends on the people invited, I am having a bridal shower next week and my MOH has arranged this game for the party. I have mine and his grandmas coming, aunts and cousins and such and not one of them I would believe to be offended. I think it will be fun, yea sure maybe a little embarrasing depending on the panty, but thats fun. Not to mention I am always grateful for more panties wheather I bought them or someone else did, but  it sounds to me that a lot of people commenting may be a little more uptight than I am so if you are planning on throwing a Bridal shower for someone else just make sure she can handle a little embarrising fun
  • I am super excited to play this at my shower. Does anyone have any rules for it or should a little note be sent with the shower invitations? Advice please. :)
  • My advice is twofold: start new threads rather than digging up zombie threads, and don't do this at your shower.

• Blue_BirdBlue_Bird member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2013
    Viczaesar said:
    My advice is twofold: start new threads rather than digging up zombie threads, and don't do this at your shower.
    :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards