Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

bridesmaids having the same hairstyles

My bridesmaids keep asking me how I want there hair. I was thinking since I want my hair down, my bridesmaids should have there hair up. should I not care how they wear their hair or should there be some uniformity.

ps. all my bridemaids have long hair

Re: bridesmaids having the same hairstyles

• That's nice they ask. Personally, I feel the bride should never tell BM's how to do their hair. Presumably you asked each to be a BM because they were your friend, and not because of their hair. However they wear their hair is independent of how you wear yours. Please note that if you require them to have it done, then you need to pay for it.
  • However they wear their hair is really up to them. If they really want some sort of direction, you can tell them an up-do but they can choose whichever they like best.
  • As long as the hair smells and looks clean and nice then it doesn't matter.

The hair should go with their outfit, but it's best not give a specific style for all regardless if you're paying or not because of different face shapes and types of hair.
  • No one will notice if your BMs all have the same up dos. Let them style their hair how ever they like.

I asked my BMs to bring pictures for the hair stylist to help convey their ideas.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:

No one will notice if your BMs all have the same up dos. Let them style their hair how ever they like.

I asked my BMs to bring pictures for the hair stylist to help convey their ideas.

Not gonna lie.....since my own two have married, I now attend weddings with a pair of judgey pants under my dress.  As I wait for the ceremony to start, my entertainment is to look at the BM's and see whether they were micromanaged and cloned.  So I do notice, but for all the wrong reasons.  I'm so ashamed......
  • Don't be too picky about style unless you re going to pay for a hair stylist to all of their hair.  Since they are asking, you could say "I think you're hair would look nice in an up-do, but I'm leaving that up to you".
  • Let them know how you are going to wear your hair and let them use that as key to how they might do their hair. Depending on the time of year and location, they my opt for an updo because it can be easier to maintain for the day. I personally have short hair and my BM all had different length hair. I told them to wear their hair however they wanted. They all showed up looking beautiful. I figured since they had all decided to wear the same dress, their jewelry and hair was a way to let their own personalities show through some, that was important to me. Because it's their different personalities and styles that I love so much about them.

• mobkaz said:
    KatWAG said:

No one will notice if your BMs all have the same up dos. Let them style their hair how ever they like.

Not gonna lie.....since my own two have married, I now attend weddings with a pair of judgey pants under my dress.  As I wait for the ceremony to start, my entertainment is to look at the BM's and see whether they were micromanaged and cloned.  So I do notice, but for all the wrong reasons.  I'm so ashamed......
    hahaha I actually do that too.  I wouldn't say that I actually judge....but I do notice.  I also look to see if they are wearing matching shoes and jewelry.  haha It's terrible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am letting my BMs choose how they want to do their hair - they are all different and have different preferences.  They will have the same dress, and matching jewelry because I bought it for them as a gift, but they will have different shoes as well (all the same color, though).  I want them to look like they belong "together", but also let them be uniquely themselves.
  • Have them have different hairstyles. My bms asked the same thing.

• Having them all under the same hair style seems cool and uniform so I think there's nothing wrong with it, you can hire 1 stylist to do all their hair so they have it all in the same style.
  • You should care about the bridesmaid hairstyle. It should be good that the both the brides and bridesmaid should have different styles. I mean, unique hairstyle for the bridesmaid and different one for the brides.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards