Not Engaged Yet

Weekend plans?

Happy Friday!

Tonight BF and I will watch preseason football. I know that CBS has a nationally televised game tonight, blowed if I know who's playing but I don't care. The NFL is back and in Week 3 they look more like real teams.

Tomorrow I will probably work on housework and laundry. Housework is pretty good, the place needs a surface cleaning but nothing deep. Laundry is a little more overwhelming.

Sunday BF and I have draft for our fantasy league. We play with his coworkers, who can best be described as standard nerds. We'll head up to the local sports bar (my favorite dive to drink at, they're really damn civilized).

Re: Weekend plans?

• Yay for Football starting soon!!! We always go to Taco Mac to watch some college games or NFL.

Tonight one of my BM's is throwing a big birthday party for her husband's 30th so we are going to this brewery and then playing worley ball...should be interesting. I'm a little scared.

Saturday FI has to go work on the farm in SC so I'm going to get a wax lol and then I'm going shopping for a dress with my mom for my first bridal shower in September. I think Labor Day sales might be starting sooo we will see what I can find.

Sunday is church and we need to go grocery shopping. I'm so proud of myself...I made a menu for next week so I know already what ingredients I need to buy.
  • I can't wait for football season to start.

Tonight BF and I are going grocery shopping. Then if the humidity drops here I'm going to have a fire in my fire pit and drink a gallon of wine.

Saturday I'm going to a Jack and Jill shower...

Sunday I'm going to lay out by the pool all day and do nothing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @KeptInStitches - Yay for football! I can't wait for the regular season to begin. I'm an Eagles fan and I live in Giants country which SUCKS but luckily there are a couple Eagles bars in my area so I can go and be with my kind :)

@southernpeach89 - What is worley ball? 

@buddysmom80 - I really need to live closer to you. 

• @swazzle I agree 100%!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Tonight, H and I are going to see 'You're Next'. I am obsessed with scary movies and this one is getting good reviews, plus it's rated R, so I need to see it. 

Tomorrow and Sunday will depend on if H has to work tomorrow. If he works tomorrow then I'll clean and do laundry and we'll go to the beach on Sunday. If he's not working tomorrow then we'll go to the beach and then I'll clean and do laundry on Sunday. 

I just really can't believe summer is about to end. I am not ready for fall and winter. 

• @swazzle- I just realized I spelled it wrong lol...it's whirly ball...shows how much I know about it lol. It's this game that's a mixture b/w basketball, lacrosse, and bumper cars lol. You have this softball sized ball that you catch and pick up with your scoop sticks and then try to throw it through the basket w/o someone trying to knock it from your stick. It looks violet so I'm a little scared plus we will just be coming from a brewery.
  • @southernpeach89, Hmm, bumper cars and booze. Sounds like impending-disaster-fun! Enjoy!

@buddysmom80, hope the humidity improves.

@swazzle, I know! It was hardly warm up here until this week/next week. If I'd known summer was only going to last 4 days I would have relished it more.
  • @aliciaharrison, congrats on the tat! What are you thinking about getting?

Tonight I am working night shift for the first time. I will either spend the night incredibly bored or running all over the place like a maniac, depends on how many patients we end up with. So this should be interesting...

Tomorrow, sleep! :) Gosh, I love sleep.

Sunday, BF and I are going to the shooting range. He is convinced that I am at a point where I can start trap-shooting; methinks this is highly unlikely. But it will be fun. Then he will FINALLY get to come over to my house (his aunt will be in town and staying with his grandfather).

And then I have to rest up because school starts on Monday!
  • CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    @aliciaharrison, that sounds very meaningful and awesome :)
  • Im going to make you all jealous.... Im on vacation until September 3 starting at 11 am today! Hehe

No real plans, some house work, some wedding crap, and relaxation. Maybe take a random drive somewhere, but who knows.

Tonight I am going to try and convince FI to go to the bar I work at for AUCD $10 during the Packer game. Its within walking distance from our house so it'll work perfect.

• You suck, @Stina51286! Have fun on vacation!
  • Yay for football!  Last pre-season for my Bears tonight, so I will definitely be watching that one.

Not sure who else is from IL, and specifically Chicago, but my BF and some friends are going here tomorrow, and I can't wait!!

Then celebrating my godson's birthday a week early since I'll be out of town for his party... fun times all around :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KateJ16 said:

Yay for football!  Last pre-season for my Bears tonight, so I will definitely be watching that one.

Not sure who else is from IL, and specifically Chicago, but my BF and some friends are going here tomorrow, and I can't wait!!

Then celebrating my godson's birthday a week early since I'll be out of town for his party... fun times all around :)

Well this shall be interesting on November 4th and December 29......

• Well this shall be interesting on November 4th and December 29......

uh oh... I promise to be nice if you will! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @KateJ16 and @Stina51286 - Being a Packers fan in Chicago is tough. Those Bears fans are scary :-P and can seriously hold a grudge. Go PACK Go!  I'm excited for tonight's game :) 

As for me, I have to help someone move tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn. Then I have some work to do.  I'm leaving Sunday for my interview in Bethesda so I also need to pack. Not a very thrilling weekend, but I'm excited for the interview! 
  • @southernpeach89 I see in your sig that your wedding is in exactly 3 months!!

@aliciaharrison I think that's a wonderful tattoo to get. My family (and my partner's family) is very NO NO NO don't get a tattoo! but a lot of cousins have gotten them and everyone's sort of accepted that tattoos are not really taboo anymore. My sister has some really nice ones. I think it's a really wonderful way of sort of claiming your body as your own, if that makes any sense.

Tonight, my partner and I are going to his parents' house to celebrate his brother and sister-in-law's birthdays (10 days apart, so we're in between them). I'm a little relieved that we're doing it tonight, because I accidentally made plans the rest of the weekend and couldn't go any other night without having to flake on two of my really good friends.

Tomorrow, I'm getting my hair cut. I've been growing it out, but wow do I need to cut my bangs. I look terrifying. I'm going to study when I get home and try to clean up the apartment. I've been trying to reorganize our closets since JUNE, so I should do that soon.

Sunday, I'm celebrating my best friend's birthday with her. I was leaving on vacation on her actual birthday, and she's been dealing with a lot of really crappy job stress, so I'm glad I will have the chance to distract her. We'll probably just hang out, order pizza, and watch Friends, but that sounds like a good time to me.

I should be studying every free moment. I'm actually supposed to have a powerpoint done already for my presentation so I can go through it with my boss, but because I got food poisoning on Wednesday through Thursday, I'm still not done :/
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira- Eeekk! I know!! We are sending out our invitations soon so once that is done, it feel free like it's just right there. I'm kind of nervous to do that since I don't trust mail all that much even though everything we have sent out so far has been delivered fine...it still just makes me nervous.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013

@southernpeach89 Don't forget to include apartment numbers in your addresses. :P

Just a friendly reminder from your big sis who had two shower invitations returned to her this week and one because it was missing the apartment number because someone forgot to give it to me. :P

Love you!

• @ lmhollister- I'm sorry : ( I failed at that part. I made those corrections to her invitation last night and the other wrong address. 

• Okay, talk me off my ledge. BF mentioned that this weekend or early next week he's going to SportClips for a haircut. I'm allowed to be totally jealous of this, right?
  • Hey guys! This weekend BF is going upstate for a fantasy football draft. I'm jealous. His friend's complex has a huge pool and they're having a BBQ and cornhole tournament. Unfortunately for me, only the guys are going, so I'm stuck at home :-(

I'll probably go meet up with my cousin for dinner in the city on Saturday night, since I haven't seen him in a while. Sunday morning I'm babysitting for a 12 year old girl who just got out of the hospital - she's anorexic. I've met her mother, and I'm really excited to meet this girl. I know she's dealing with a bunch of issues right now, but from everything her mother has told me she sounds like a great kid, and I can't wait to get to know her. I'm going to be watching her every Tuesday evening and maybe a few other days a week.

Oh yeah, and I'm continuing to learn InDesign. I finally made an awesome invitation yesterday that I think someone would actually pay money for - now I just need to come up with about 40 more designs!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @southernpeach89 I totally know what you mean. I rarely send out mail any more because email is easier and because I get slightly paranoid whenever I write an address. I assume you'll follow up on any RSVPs that don't come back, which is really the only way to handle that paranoia.

@hummingbird125 I think it's great that this 12-year-old is going to have such an awesome babysitter! One of the best ways to combat body issues and disordered eating is to have a great support system, and it sounds like this girl is going to have a great supportive babysitter :D

@aliciaharrison I've been considering one for a while but nothing's really STRUCK me yet as the right tattoo for me. I may eventually design one that has something to do with biology, since that's my field. I have an autoimmune skin condition, though, so I'd have to basically clear it with an allergist and a dermatologist first, though, which will be awkward.
    Anniversary
  • @phira- Oh yea definitely, I'm sort of impatient so once it gets pretty close to when our RSVPs are due, I'll probably already have some sort of list gathered of guests I need to follow-up with who haven't sent their's back yet once that date hits.
  • weekend!!!  finally!!

I'm off work at 2 PM today, so I'll be spending some time getting the house ready for some visitors.  a family from out of town is staying with us this weekend, so I need to spot-check the house, finish the laundry, 409 the kitchen appliances, little things like that.  after work I'll go on a big grocery trip and restock the kitchen/pantry...  and make a cute little guest basket with some snacks/drinks in case our guests get a little hungry at night or whatever.

H and I are finished up with our W30, so I am redeeming my free Starbucks drink this afternoon (happy birthday to me!)...  going with the Hazelnut Frappucino.  might be too sweet, but that's okay.

H is golfing this afternoon, so I'm going up to Pita Pit to grab us a couple pitas (a free one for me, another birthday coupon!) for dinner and then we'll hang out and wait for our friends to pull into town.

tomorrow we are showing them around the city and then having a cookout with some other friends.  I'm so glad we're not on W30 anymore because this was stressing me out!

Sunday is my birthday (late-twenties, here I come).  we'll have church in the morning and then take our guests out for lunch...  after that, they are leaving town and I'm planning on getting a little rest!

it'll be a fun but packed weekend.  I'm mostly looking forward to my Starbucks this afternoon.  I'm normally not a huge Starbucks fan (we have a couple of local coffee houses that serve Elemental coffee, and WOW! that's good stuff) but since it's free and I've been dreaming of a Frappucino...  I'm gettin' it!  :)
  • @CocobellaF - congrats on finishing the whole30 :) any weight loss stats, things that feel better, or thoughts to share? 
  • @cocobellaF Happy birthday this weekend!! I'll be joining you in the late 20s club soon ...
    Anniversary
  • @cocobellaF Happy early birthday!
  • @cschiano - we finished at Day 25 actually.

I did lose some weight (5-6 lbs; 1" from waist; almost 2" from hips), HOWEVER...  I didn't have any life-changing or even moderate changes that happened.  in fact, I hated the whole experience.  all I did was cook and clean up the kitchen.  we spend $400 extra beyond our normal grocery budget just to do this program.  I was fatigued and exhausted and grouchy and anxious the whole time.  it obviously was not a good fit for me or my lifestyle.

@flygirlmeg is having a better time with it, but under different conditions (only cooking for one).

so, while I'm glad I slimmed down a bit, in the long run it is not something I could do AT ALL.

yesterday I had 3 chocolate chips, 1 tsp of choc-PB, and about a fingernail-sized square of chocolate from Germany.  this morning I woke up feeling clearer and less anxious, I think just from knowing that I didn't have to stick with this program anymore.

today I had a individual square of Ghiradelli dark chocolate from my cubemate.  It was good and I really enjoyed it!  he had been waiting until I finished to give it to me.

we'll see if things change in the next couple weeks.  :)  the W30 club has a list of reasons why the program doesn't work for someone, pretty much just placing the blame on that individual.  but in this case, the lifestyles just did NOT work together.  and it took a lot of guts for me to finally say, "this isn't working!" and quit.  so, they can just...  watch me drink my birthday Frappucino and shake their fingers at me... 

honeyCoco don't care!  LINK
    *disclaimer - I am not into swearing, but this just kills me.*
  • I just looked up the W30 diet because I'd never heard of it. I wouldn't be able to do it at all, and not just because of willpower. I have IBD and a lot of the banned foods are the ones that are actually really easy for me to digest that don't make me sicker. And some of the approved foods are ones I have to be very careful about (I ate salad last night and am waiting to see if it made me sick).

And then there's stuff like I love Splenda and I happily and shamelessly put it in frickin everything.

Welp, weekend's looking more manageable. I asked my boss for more time on my powerpoint, and then felt nervous because I have so much to do already this weekend ... but my friend just let me know she's too sick to have dinner tomorrow night, so that frees me up a bit to work (and frees her up a bit to get better!).
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards