Not Engaged Yet
Options

Feeling a little frustrated...

Hi Everyone,

So as many of you know, I've been looking for a job for the past 6 months.  I quit my full-time job in February because of sexual harassment and an abusive boss.  I just moved to Chicago about one month ago.

I've been looking for jobs in Chicago for the past 2-3 weeks or so.  And I'm trying to not be hard on myself, since I JUST moved here.  But it's tough.  I had a job interview on Monday for a long-term temporary position at an asset management company.  The interview went well, and I got along well with the people who interviewed me.  I got a phone call this morning from the recruiter, who told me that they LOVED me, but they thought I was "too good for the job, would likely find something else before the assignment was over, and, therefore, likely wouldn't finish the contracted assignment."

And I'm just frustrated.  Although I've only been in Chicago for 1 month or so, for the past 6 months, I've been told either 1) You're overqualified/"too good" for this job or 2) You're not quite qualified ENOUGH.  And it's like...I can't win.  I'm ALWAYS either overqualified or under qualified.  No one will hire me.

I know I need to keep pressing on.  Eventually something will work out.  But I'm frustrated for right now.  Grumble grumble.

Re: Feeling a little frustrated...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards