Wedding Etiquette Forum

XP: Secret Mods?

Re: XP: Secret Mods?

• @SilverSarahB - Were YOU recruited to be a secret mod? Don't be shy now. 
    I asked the same question and my post got deleted.
    We should just start quoting all of each other's posts so they can't mysteriously disappear. 

• Waaaait are post getting deleted? It's not a glitch. It's gotta be a KG or one of the new members of the Inquisitional Squad. No way is it a glitch and they better not try to say it is.
    *********************************************************************************

• Swazzle said:

Swazzle said:

@SilverSarahB - Were YOU recruited to be a secret mod? Don't be shy now. 

We should just start quoting all of each other's posts so they can't mysteriously disappear. 
    I've resorted to taking screenshots. I'm on my cellphone now, but once I get to my desktop, shits gunna get real lol.
  • Here is is again. Part of me thinks it was done on purpose because of what it said. The post said -I think we've uncovered someone that got the secret email and said yes...
    Agreed!  And if that's the case come forward and say it...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Swazzle said:

She fits the description. Long time lurker with only about 100 post. She joined in 2011 but just started chatting in the last month. Suspicious.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's like Freaky Friday all over again.  These Friday glitches are becoming quite the convenient norm.
    In the past, moderators were prominent and unpaid.  To now suddenly operate a forum with a covert moderating system will only breed mistrust and contempt.  To reward/pay/bribe these secret mods makes me think motives are involved.  It is also a slap in the face to the women who successfully performed that role in prior months/years.

My paranoia makes me wonder if some of the KG's themselves have taken on alter egos.  
  • It doesn't make sense to put money towards these gift cards when there are people willing to do it for free. In fact, people WERE doing it for free. The love of the forums were reward enough.

I can totes see the KGs taking on AEs, especially after making a rule against it.

• edited August 2013

That's an interesting theory, mobkaz. 
    mobkaz said:
    It's like Freaky Friday all over again.  These Friday glitches are becoming quite the convenient norm.
    In the past, moderators were prominent and unpaid.  To now suddenly operate a forum with a covert moderating system will only breed mistrust and contempt.  To reward/pay/bribe these secret mods makes me think motives are involved.  It is also a slap in the face to the women who successfully performed that role in prior months/years.

My paranoia makes me wonder if some of the KG's themselves have taken on alter egos.  
    Oh wait......that would be a violation of the TOS.

• NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    My post from 2:55 was deleted, too. How do I know it was 2:55? Because its still in my replies but the thread skips from 2:36 to 3:31. I quoted this from her, " TG realized they have screwed up and each time they try to make "improvements", they fail miserably and are worse than the last idea!" Magically dissension is being wiped out by the SS......eta...it was @oliveoilsmom who I was quoting.
  • My post that was mysteriously deleted went something like this...

This all started with miscommunications.  Perhaps TK should have put out a PSA to feel members out on this idea or just notified us that these changes were happening.  It's not just about what they did, but how they went about it that isn't sitting right with people. 

When I volunteered to look after a board, I wasn't looking for some type of reward.  I thought it was my way of giving back and helping something that has helped me greatly.  When you send me a message to go behind people's backs and be untruthful and sneaky that's when that "reward" becomes a bribe in my book.

That's all I can remember from my tangent at the moment...
    JIC.
  • I wonder if it was deleted be
    I've resorted to taking screenshots. I'm on my cellphone now, but once I get to my desktop, shits gunna get real lol.

Still waiting for an answer @silversarahb
  • So the regulars like stage got kicked off?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry, guys.  I went to work...I know it's crummy to have cut out of the discussion while people are still active on the thread.

No, I haven't been recruited or anything...probably for the reasons mentioned.  I've posted comparatively few times on comparatively few boards and don't spend much time on this website as a whole.  Half the time I'm told my advice is whack, as I'm sure some of you have seen looking into my past posts.  And I haven't deleted any posts, nor have gone to any secret meeting or learned any secret handshakes.  

As for why I'm so invested...I'm not personally invested, really.  I'm someone who visits when I'm stressing about my wedding planning (which is why my posts have increased the past few months, from a rather sparse time before that) and wouldn't be particularly bothered if the forum disappeared all together.  This post just seemed like a drama fest with a bunch of similar opinions on a topic--opinions I don't share.  Even though I'm not a daily poster on this forum I thought my opinion would still be valid in the sense of "I don't think this is so crazy and I'm probably not the only one who thinks so".   Now, you guys have corrected some of my incorrect thoughts or understandings on how things do run or have run here, but the bare-bones of this is I am someone who does not think that this is a big deal.  After that, I've just been a part of the discussion from that standpoint. 
  • So it sounds like we have two people brave enough to admit they got the PM.  Anyone else? 

I didn't get one...

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I did not get one. But I'm not surprised by that either.  :P
  • Not me. But there's a couple silent regs that haven't said Anything yet.
  • I think I've pushed enough buttons to not warrant one at this point.
  • I'm impressed with your commitment, @SimplyFated (@Simply Fated?  Do we leave the space in or take it out?)

• Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    Viczaesar said:
    I'm impressed with your commitment, @SimplyFated (@Simply Fated?  Do we leave the space in or take it out?)
    Thank you!
    There's a space inbetween the words. Before we switched the forum layout, my username looked like Simply Fat. Posters commented on it lol.
  • Oh, I know there's a space between the words in your user name, I'm just wondering how it works with the @ tagging - do we take out the space or leave it in?  It looks like in my post above @SimplyFated worked for tagging you but @Simply Fated didn't. 

• I didn't get a request to mod either, not that I would anyway.

Anniversary

• @Simply Fated thank you presenting this info. I hope @KnotPorscha will read it and comment.

• Viczaesar said:
    Oh, I know there's a space between the words in your user name, I'm just wondering how it works with the @ tagging - do we take out the space or leave it in?  It looks like in my post above @SimplyFated worked for tagging you but @Simply Fated didn't. 
    Oh yeah, I guess you leave out the spaces. Good to know!

I'm sorta just waiting for the KG to come forward and say that it's something that's been done on TN or TB. Imagine the shitstorm?

A way to avoid shitstorms like that, tell the users you're using secret moderators. In most of the successful instances where the sites use secret moderators, the users know about it. This way, there is no breach of trust. You don't have secret "spies." You just have secret moderators. Users know they're there, but they don't know who. It's not ideal by any means, but it's not as shady. What TK has done is completely shady. It's lying by omitance.

Someone asked... either in this thread or the one in the KH forum about whether or not we can volunteer for this position. KP said we could...
    BUT how could we if we didn't know such a thing existed?

So, that's two lies.

Third lie?

"Our mistake, and we’re owning that!"

@knotporscha Owning that to whom? Not to us, just your secret moderators. Can you at least own that?

• Hey KG, can I be a secret moderator? I won't tell anyone.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards