Wedding Party

Ring Bearer

2»

Re: Ring Bearer

• How wonderful to hear that your loved ones who are allergic to dogs are not welcome at your wedding and that you value cute pictures of your dog walking down the aisle over the attendance of your friends and family on your wedding day.

• Whatever people. So damn dramatic!
    I never said they're not welcome. Of course they're welcome and encouraged to come!
    And if they're not touching the dog and sit far from the aisle (where our dog will walk) then how is it such a serious thing?
    Plenty of weddings have taken place successfully with a dog as a ring bearer.

You guys act like there's no fu**king way that it's possible to have him in the wedding!
  • God you guys! The allergic people will sit far away from him! Someone is going to go around the ceremony before the bride comes out and put the allergic people upwind! GAWD! And the people who are scared of dogs will be told ahead of time so they can decide to come (also they're encouraged to come!).

And it's possible it will work! Gawd. It's also possible it won't, but gawd!

**^^^^ If that isn't fucking ridiculous to you then you are beyond help.**

Anniversary

• linzy85 said:
    Whatever people. So damn dramatic! I never said they're not welcome. Of course they're welcome and encouraged to come! And if they're not touching the dog and sit far from the aisle (where our dog will walk) then how is it such a serious thing? Plenty of weddings have taken place successfully with a dog as a ring bearer. You guys act like there's no fu**king way that it's possible to have him in the wedding!
    Actually, no, "plenty" of weddings haven't taken place successfully with a dog in them at all.  Some have, but they have been few and far between.

There are people like my mother who can't be within several yards of a dog because of allergies.  That's what makes it a serious thing-not to mention the other possible damage it can do.  We've told you this repeatedly. 

So, one more (and please, final) time-there is no fucking way that it's possible to have him in the wedding that won't create inconvenience for someone else.  Stop shrugging this off and getting defensive about your desire to have your dog there, and start putting the needs of the humans you are asking to give you their time, effort, and money to attend your wedding first!
  • We're not uptight, we're just being realistic.

And if we're being uptight, what does that make you? Having your dog there shouldn't be thought of as some fanciful whim. We're outlining real problems that you clearly didn't consider before reading our posts. I wish you would take your choice more seriously. I hope you continue to want to exchange ideas with us before calling us uptight and blowing us off.

Having a dog successfully complete the position as the ring bearer without incident isn't the rule. It's the exception. In other words, while it has happened successfully sometimes, sometimes it doesn't work out successfully. We don't want you to end up in the second category. It's not worth the attempt.
  • She wants the dog. She knows there may be issues. She's been told over and over. IMHO, let her have the dog.
  • I get that you love your dog and want to include it.  I *adore* my dog.  We're including her in e-pics and I'm doing a TTD with her.  We go to obedience classes and I buy ridiculously awesome stuff for us to use together (like canicross gear, and a dog sled.)  

My dog will be safely and happily boarded during our wedding.  There might be some epics of us with her on a table at the reception.  She's a dog - she won't know that she's missing out on anything.  There are too many unknown variables that can put both my dog, my guests, and staff at risk.   Pets are neither people or props.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • She wants the dog. She knows there may be issues. She's been told over and over. IMHO, let her have the dog.
    The problem is, she doesn't seem to care about the issues-it's apparently the guests' fault in her mindset that the guests were there for the dog to lick or sniff or urinate or poop on or that they're allergic if anything goes wrong.
  • If she wants the dog then so be it!  We don't  know if people will be allergic or afraid,  for all we know she knows her crowd. Plenty of people have used dogs  in their wedding. OP  just hire a dog  trainer so none of your guest will be burden.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• AlexisA01 said:
    If she wants the dog then so be it!  We don't  know if people will be allergic or afraid,  for all we know she knows her crowd. Plenty of people have used dogs  in their wedding. OP  just hire a dog  trainer so none of your guest will be burden.
    She said she is putting a note in her invitations, just in case. So, she doesn't know her crowd.

From the previous page....

"So what are you going to do about people who are deathly afraid of dogs or highly allergic?"

I plan to put on our wedding website that our dog will be included in the wedding. So that way guests can be aware and make the decision whether they're able to go or not. I may consider putting it in the invitations too.

• Does it not even matter to you that your dog is going to get nothing out of this except stress? Being taken to the ceremony site and forced to perform/behave for however long around lots of people he doesn't know, and then taken back home to sit alone again? Why would you even do that to him?
  • I find it very hard to take anyone seriously who insists upon their animal assuming the role of a human.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards