Connecticut

DJ Help

Hi all-
I'm new to the knot and just getting started on planning on July 2014 wedding at Farmington Gardens. Since the venue is booked, I am now trying to find a DJ. After lurking around the boards I emailed DJ Melee but he already booked for my day. Any other recommendations? I am looking to keep it affordable without sacrificing for a cheesy DJ who could ruin the day. Any and all recommendations are welcomed. Same goes for a JP and Videographer? Not sure I I can afford one though.... 

Re: DJ Help

• For a videographer, we used Dave at RI Video Pro. We went back and forth on this for a year and half before the wedding and decided last minute that we def. wanted a videographer. He did an amazing job and I would highly recommend him to anyone. Compared to others, I think his prices are very affordable. He offers different packages, with the cheapest being $500.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • David Rossi from Powerstation Events was our DJ, and he did an amazing job.

We used King Vincent Storm for videography, and I'm seriously IN LOVE with our video... it's almost 2 hours long and captured the day perfectly.

Good luck with your search!

imageAnniversary
  • Kurt from CT DJ. He's awesome, we didn't look at anyone else. He's done my sister and uncles weddings and from the other weddings we've been to (soooo many in the past few years!) he beats them all! Here's his website: http://www.ctdjkurt.com/
    October 2014 Brides - July Siggy Challenge: Cakes
  • We used Rick Rock from Boppers.  Boppers may be a little bit of a cheesy company but we knew Rick beforehand and had seen him at other events.  He is awesome and has now down 4 other weddings of people we know since they saw him at our wedding.  Super reasonably priced.  He did a great job keeping to our style of music while keeping everyone dancing.  He also helped us come up with a special playlist for before the ceremony because we didnt want the traditional "elevator" music. 
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • @heidia03 I found this website and I really like it. It lists the vendors and on the right side how expensive they are.  I also like it because it tells you the town.
    Here is the DJ list.
  • Thank you ladies!
  • We have booked Ronnie Mazal of Musically Yours. We were very impressed with his professionalism and the dozens of 5 star reviews on wedding wire.

We are using Tim Wong of Timecut Photography out of Brooklyn. We met with him for our engagement session last week and thought he was just great. Haven't gotten the pics back yet but just love his style based on the full wedding albums we have seen. He may charge a small travel fee but I thought his prices were really good for the quality of his work.

• sending some emails this week to get avail and rates. Harder than i thought!
  • Check out luvjonz.com it's my brother's company. He's a dj... for JP I chose Mary Pugh, she seems very nice and she was recommended by many people on the knot
  • We're using Audio Media Solutions, they do a phenomenal job with lighting as well. 
    What sold us on AMS was that you can clearly tell he loves his job, and has fun doing it. 

best of luck!
  • Check out Jock in the Box.  We had Todd (he owns the company) for our wedding and he was Amazing!  He read our crowd perfectly and had everyone on the dance floor all night!  He also does up lighting which made such a difference and transformed the room!  Check him out.

June Siggy Challenge: Fav. Engagement photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • volume dj out of southington they are doing our wedding our venue has a package with dj cake and centerpeices included.  you could also check out dj frank zapulla hes out of middletown and did my brothers wedding and he had everyone dancing on the dace floor all night long every inch of the dance floor was covered
  • We LOVED our DJ! We used Richie from Jimmy Dee out of White Plains!

Also LOVED King Vincent Storm!!! Pics & video were amazing! I watch our wedding video all the time!

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Another vote here for Ronnie with Musically Yours! On top of his game!

Good luck with all the planning! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards