Wedding Etiquette Forum

XP: Secret Mods?

12346»

Re: XP: Secret Mods?

• Thank you all for contributing to this shitstorm storm thread. The KG 's couldn't do anything about the "regs", as TK didn't become WW after they banned two. So, I'm guessing they thought they could band together and bribe patsies to join their ranks to make a "nice girls" club. this is to offset the hypothetical mean girls group that was bullying. Fail, as it wasn't a group. It was individuals telling people they had poor ideas. Now KG and their patsies, the SS, can band together to overtake the hypothetical mean girls club and make TK all rainbows and unicorns.

• Viczaesar said:

Oh, I know there's a space between the words in your user name, I'm just wondering how it works with the @ tagging - do we take out the space or leave it in?  It looks like in my post above @SimplyFated worked for tagging you but @Simply Fated didn't. 

Oh yeah, I guess you leave out the spaces. Good to know!

I'm sorta just waiting for the KG to come forward and say that it's something that's been done on TN or TB. Imagine the shitstorm?

A way to avoid shitstorms like that, tell the users you're using secret moderators. In most of the successful instances where the sites use secret moderators, the users know about it. This way, there is no breach of trust. You don't have secret "spies." You just have secret moderators. Users know they're there, but they don't know who. It's not ideal by any means, but it's not as shady. What TK has done is completely shady. It's lying by omitance.

Someone asked... either in this thread or the one in the KH forum about whether or not we can volunteer for this position. KP said we could...
    BUT how could we if we didn't know such a thing existed?

So, that's two lies.

Third lie?

"Our mistake, and we’re owning that!"

@knotporscha Owning that to whom? Not to us, just your secret moderators. Can you at least own that?

The Bump is my home board. We can flag posts ourselves and have public mods, though rarely do either get involved. This def didn't come from there.
  • edited August 2013
    @SingleMom31   

You see, they tried that over here, but didn't tell anyone that if they flagged or loved a post, their little avatar would appear near the little flag or heart. It was fabulous, at first. We all enjoyed being able to see who loved our comments. Then a few people went on flagging sprees, not realizing they would be immediately identified, by anyone viewing those threads. All hell broke loose after that. 

• @SingleMom31   

You see, they tried that over here, but didn't tell anyone that if they flagged or loved a post, their little avatar would appear near the little flag or heart. It was fabulous, at first. We all enjoyed being able to see who loved our comments. Then a few people went on flagging sprees, not realizing they would be immediately identified, by anyone viewing those threads. All hell broke loose after that.
    Ahh, the history helps. That's exactly what we have. I'm not sure why it works over there, and not here. There are occasionally special snow flakes, but generally they get enough of the same type of comments that they go to baby gaga (the WW equivalent with rainbows and unicorns) and/or they get suspended by the mods (which is actually never discussed, except one regular who quickly had an AE during her two week time out - she couldn't figure out what go her suspended, so she paged our mod, who did some digging).

Anyway, all I can figure is that there's hope that new mods/ some that are non regulars will help change the tone of the board to encourage new/different people to feel welcome? Not agreeing with it, but...
  • edited August 2013
    I think the special snowflake percentage must be higher among brides. Also, if I'm not mistaken, TK has a lot more traffic than TB and TN. And the target audience of the wedding related advertisers is the Special Snowflake Brides. So they are the ones that have KP's ear and will be the ones who join the Secret Mod Squad. It has nothing to do with what is right and everything to do with making money. 

• I can see the traffic here being higher. Our special snow flakes are more like, I'm pregnant with my 4th child and need ANOTHER baby shower because I want other people to buy me new stuff, but I'll insist that it's not about gifts and that I just want to celebrate every baby.... About 20 people provide various bits of snark, the OPs add in a few moronic comments, and then they leave.
  • @knotporscha @knotjackie @knotirene

Can you please provide some insight into the questions that people asked you on this thread? I think people have been quite patient in waiting for responses. Please advise. Thanks.
    *********************************************************************************

• We still have a list of past mods and volunteers to consider, but have put that part on hold as we work on our new guidelines and reporting system. We're still in the early stages of planning with bringing mods back, so I can definitely say that nothing is final. We will make an announcement and answer questions once all of our planning is completed.
  • We still have a list of past mods and volunteers to consider, but have put that part on hold as we work on our new guidelines and reporting system. We're still in the early stages of planning with bringing mods back, so I can definitely say that nothing is final. We will make an announcement and answer questions once all of our planning is completed.
    This answered exactly zero of the questions asked. And sorry but it's really hard to trust that you'll actually make an announcement given the recent actions of the KGs.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards