Attire & Accessories Forum

It's between these two...

My fiance requested something kinda sexy, badonkadonk if you will. So naturally I had a mermaid dress in mind. I almost bought this (it's a size too small here):

We might take out a layer of crinoline to tone it down a little, but overall I loved it. The bodice was flattering and the dress is modern and a little weird.

I thought it wouldn't hurt to keep shopping though, so I did. Kinda wish I didn't. Because I found this dress, which is pretty:

Dress 1 is more what I had in mind: modern, different, badonkadonk without being ridiculous. 

Dress 2 is pretty but also I feel very "normal". And not badonkadonk. But I texted pics to friends (most live on the other side of the country) and most seem to like #2. #2 is also quite a bit lighter. I sweated a lot in 1. And it's cheaper. Not way cheaper, but enough so that dress #1 is a bit more than I had for my budget and #2 is a little under. 

It's so hard to compare! They're like apples and oranges. I wish I could ask my fiance for his input but he wants to be totally surprised. 

My heart is leaning toward #1 but I worry a little bit about it being over the top and cha-cha dress like. But then #2 is very much on the safe side, but does look really good on. 

BTW the wedding will be in Oregon in June on a golf course, with the reception in the old hotel right next to it, and we will be very close to the beach so we will most likely take pics on the beach too. 

HELP! Am I totally crazy for leaning toward #1?

Re: It's between these two...

• Wow after seeing you in the picture I thought you loved the second dress more because of your lovely smile, but after reading on your hear feels like the first one is the right chose. This is your day so you do not need to worry about being over the top. Girl you need to show everybody that this is your day and you love your self also. So IMO I would go with the first one and just ask if they can add some more bling. Good Luck!
  • I personally love number one. Don't worry about it bring too much unless your wedding is really casual.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    They both look good, number 2 is a little plain for my taste though.  You said number 1 is where your heart is, so wear it.  You and your FI will love it and that's all that matters.
  • I personally like number 1 as well. However, get what makes you feel the best.
  • The first one looks a LOT like my wedding dress - which everyone loved! I got a lot of compliments on how original it was as well as on the silhouette. Mine was a wtoo 15558 (Dulconee gown). I don't know what your price point is, so I don't know if it would work for you, but it was SUPER light. I'm talking easily half as heavy as any other wedding gown I tried on. So if you like the shape and style of your first pick but might be swayed by how heavy it is, you may want to look into trying on this dress.
  • I vote for the second dress -- it's a classic style and beautiful.  I know the style of the first dress is very in and trendy right now, but I just don't get the appeal. 
  • Number one is stunning! I don't think it would be too busy or fancy unless your wedding is very casual.
  • I think you look amazing in #2! The first one is like you said, is really cha cha looking.
  • I love them both!  Hard choice to make.... #2 is a little more forgiving if you feel like you might lose or gain weight in the next few months....just a thought!
  • After trying on the second again and going home that evening, I felt like the first was it and still felt very assured in that decision this morning. The second is very pretty but also rather ordinary. It would be wonderful for a traditional churchy sort of wedding but that's not what we're doing. So I went and bought 1 before I could get a chance to change my mind, lol. I am done dress shopping. I could hold out but I think I'll drive myself crazy in the process. 

I am glad I went with purchasing from a smaller shop. I originally tried the dress at a big shop in the big city. The dress cost the same either way, but the big shop charges an absolute ton for alterations. I asked the little shop if I could have a discount for paying in full (rather than their typical 50% down system) and they did, so that saved me over $100 and put it back under my budget. 

I might remove a layer of crinoline to tame the ruffles a little, and I might add a corset. But overall I feel really happy to have made up my mind :)

Allispain, that is a gorgeous dress too! I don't think any of the shops I went to carry that line though... weird how that works. 
  • Glad you were able to make up your mind! And that you got a good deal on it too!
  • I'm glad you picked #1. Gorgeous on you!
  • Glad you decided on a dress.  Now, get rid of the pics of the second one and forget all about it.  No dress regrets!!
  • #1 for sure! 
  • I'm glad you picked #1 too! It is very distinctive and you look fabulous in it. 
  • Number 1! You look fabulous!

• You look great in both, but I would say that if your heart is leaning towards #1, that's probably a good sign.  I tried on a dress and couldn't stop thinking about it even though it was too pricy.  I tried on a dress that looked really good, but was sort of on the safe/plain side.  I ended up going with my heart, and I couldn't be happier. Just keep in mind that while it's nice to bounce your ideas off of others, you will be the one to wear the dress so it's ultimately about what makes YOU happy.

Either way, you're gonna be a beautiful bride. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards