Flowers

Opinions on white bouquets

I am new to The Knot so this is my first post...
Can I please ask what peoples' opinions on white bouquets are?
Initially I loved the idea of a bouquet of neutrals, with maybe a tiny bit of green or pale pink, but after looking at more photos it is almost seems as though the white bouquets blend in to the gown in photos...
My dress is strapless, champagne with full length ivory lace overlay. What does everyone think?
Thanks!

Re: Opinions on white bouquets

• Personally I think white bouquets are pretty but lack the dimension and visual interest of color. It's all personal choice though. If that's what you want, go for it!!
    *********************************************************************************

• I am new to The Knot so this is my first post...
    Initially I loved the idea of a bouquet of neutrals, with maybe a tiny bit of green or pale pink, but after looking at more photos it is almost seems as though the white bouquets blend in to the gown in photos...
    My dress is strapless, champagne with full length ivory lace overlay. What does everyone think?
    Thanks!

I had a all white bouquet. I'm happy with the results. I wanted our wedding portraits to be of my new husband and I, not of my flowers. I've seen brides with some bouquets so massive or distracting that you don't look first at the couple, you look at the flowers.

My bridesmaids bouquets had some pops of bright pink against their grey dresses...and it was just enough for me!

It's all about your personal style.

• itzMS said:
    Thanks!

I had a all white bouquet. I'm happy with the results. I wanted our wedding portraits to be of my new husband and I, not of my flowers. I've seen brides with some bouquets so massive or distracting that you don't look first at the couple, you look at the flowers.

My bridesmaids bouquets had some pops of bright pink against their grey dresses...and it was just enough for me!

Agree.  My bouquet was white and I loved it.  I don't care for the bright bouquets because when I see photos, that's the first thing my eye is drawn too when really it should be the bride.
  • Thank you! Good points about wanting the focuses on us, not the flowers... Because I have been looking at Real Wedding photos, of other people, and it has been purely from an ideas / inspiration / planning point of view this had not occurred to me yet!
  • itzMS said:
    Thanks!

LOL, that was so my bouquet, but that is what I wanted.  The first thing I told my florist was that I wanted a massive bouquet!  But I love flowers and wanted them to be a focal point.

OP, it is all about what you want and like.  If you love flowers and want them to be a focal point on your wedding day then go big and colorful.  If you would rather them be a background piece then go small, simple and neutral.

• Its 100% a person choice, but I didn't like the white bouquet look. I felt it blended into the dress and just didn't serve a purpose. Look into maybe wrapping it in a ribbon or using a small pop of color with other flowers if you're uncertain which you want. but go for ur vision!! 
  • I did all white flowers including the bouquet.  I wore a white dress but my BMs wore champagne.  I think it would be beautiful but I am obviously biased.  ;)

The only thing to remember is that your flowers will most likely not be stark white.  Mine looked almost ivory against my dress.  You can look at the pics in my bio and see what you think.

• CheleLynCheleLyn member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    By bouquet is white callas with a black hydrangea collar...my dress is white.
    The bm bouquets are white callas and their dresses are black. 
    I like the contrast and simplicity of the black and white.

edited for spelling
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Thanks everyone! I have narrowed it down to white or pink. I am going to stop looking at pictures for a while and see what I end up keep coming back to! Stephiehall your flowers look great in your profile - really pretty and they do stand out!
  • If you click on the link in my signature you can see my whole wedding.

Pink was my second choice to go with champagne so I think that would be equally stunning.  I also considered doing an all red rose bouquet instead of white.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards