Luxury Weddings

Dresses--Update

2»

Re: Dresses--Update

• Love the Austin Scarlett dress! It will definitely make a statement if that's what you want. The second dress is beautiful also. If I could rock the AS dress, I'd just add a thin blingy belt to it and wear it proudly =).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the ML but I'm pretty partial to her.

I wonder who can wear Jenny Packham?! That's like, four brides now who have tried and disliked JP dresses that I know. I was so sure I'd end up in one of hers, but they just looked so bad on me.
    I was going to buy one but my parents didn't think it was bridal enough. And I have a 42 inch ass so I'm not exactly tiny. It just has to drape the right way.

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Update: I decided on the Austin Scarlett.  I realized that in my size (36D), the ML corset would look too much like a bra top as opposed to a dress bodice.  I posted on the A & A board about my great experience at the Saks bridal salon in case anyone is interested.
  • I just read it on A & A. The dress is gorgeous and you definitely got lucky with all the extras. Congrats!
  • Congrats! I think it's a gogeous gown. FWIW, for my first wedding, I tried on several gowns at Saks. I had a wonderful experience there. I ultimately found "the one" at a privately owned boutique, but I really thought their dress seletion was great.

• thanks, ladies.
  • I loved the Jenny Packhams I tried, actually. I tried Esme and Eden, but decided they were a little more than I wanted to spend.

I'm pretty petite, and definitely don't have curves, but do have a booty. I thought it fit like a glove.

Ended up in a Sarah Seven gown, similar fit, but corseted.
  • @lizlovescupcakes, I tried on some Sarah Seven gowns, and they were very, very pretty, but I heard some bad reviews/bad feedback about her (mostly on WeddingWire but also from my consultant). Did you receive your dress yet? I'm wondering if I was unnecessarily swayed by bad advice, because I absolutely loved her gowns but I was hesitant to buy in the end.
  • @16maybeless

I purchased the gown several weeks ago, I did see some of the bad reviews, but really just loved the way the gown felt on, and thought it was just beautiful. Plus, I went to a well-known salon, and didn't order online.

I purchased from her trunk show at Lovely Bride in DC, and she's recently been featured ALL over the place. The bad reviews mention things like uneven bottoms, etc. that I think might actually be part of the way the dress is made. I don't know. 

However, my dress is supposed to arrive Feb-March for my October wedding, so I've given myself some good leeway.
  • 16maybeless16maybeless member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    @lizlovescupcakes Ah, how much did you love Lovely? I went to the one in NY before they opened the one in DC, which is where I'm getting married (and where my dress is ultimately getting shipped! So I'll be there too.)

I think you'll be fine then, and you have plenty of time. Which one did you get?

• @16maybeless

I LOVED Lovely. I have been twice. Both times I was with Julia, the first in anticipation of the trunk show, and I tried on a few things - Sarah Janks, Nicole Miller, a Hayley Paige - but really wanted to see if the trunk show would be worth my time with the Sarah Seven.

I ended up torn between the Practically Perfect and the Blythe. The lookbook shots do not do it nearly justice. In person, the gown is just stunning! And let me tell you, that corset doesn't hurt anything ;)
  • @lizlovescupcakes I tried on Practically Perfect and loved it so much. That one and Please and Thank You, and Swell. All were lovely. (Ha!)
  •  

My personal experience from attending my friend's wedding last year and planning my own wedding is that online shopping is getting easier and cheaper. 
    For example last year my friend purchased all her Bill Levkoff bridesmaids dresses from Madame Bridal. The store is in Florida but they are also online. They may be worth a quick look if you want to save a few Dollars. Here they are:
    www.madamebridal.com

@KnotPorscha- advertising alert!

• I love the ML but I'm pretty partial to her.

I wonder who can wear Jenny Packham?! That's like, four brides now who have tried and disliked JP dresses that I know. I was so sure I'd end up in one of hers, but they just looked so bad on me.
    I know I'm late, but I went dress shopping last week.  I've been obsessed with JPs for years, so I found a trunk show in my area.  I tried on 4 or 5 and loved them all! Ended up ordering the Molly dress. I literally cried when I tried it on. So amazing! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is a Maggie Sottero - Daphne Royale. I'm not even sure of the other designers I tried on, I never looked at the designer, I just looked at whether I liked the dress or not :S
  • @lauracutter That dress is gorgeous. Wow.

I think I tried on dresses with less structure. Well, Esme certainly has less. Aspen does have a natural waist, but something about the cap sleeve and the fairly sheath-like skirt just didn't work on my body. (I'm short.)

But your dress is fabulous.
  • @lauracutter That dress is gorgeous. Wow.

I think I tried on dresses with less structure. Well, Esme certainly has less. Aspen does have a natural waist, but something about the cap sleeve and the fairly sheath-like skirt just didn't work on my body. (I'm short.)

But your dress is fabulous.
    Thank you so much!! It was an amazing experience! As soon as I put it on I got this feeling and knew it was the one. Very SYTTD haha.  And I agree about the cap sleeves... I couldn't pull them off.  Maybe it was because the sample size was so large, but they were poofy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards