Not Engaged Yet

Weekend plans?

2»

Re: Weekend plans?

• @CocobellaF - $400 extra? wow. . . that is crazy for just 25 days. I'm glad you were able to come to terms that it isn't for everyone and stop the program. I suggested it to DH and he thinks it is a little bit of hokum. I don't have time for that much meal prep anyway.

Enjoy your birthday and your Frapp! You totally deserve it!  
  • edited August 2013
    @cschiano - thanks!  it really was ridiculous.  it was the meat that was killing us...  I normally use legumes and rice to help our meat go further.  added up, that's $4500-$5000 extra a year, above and beyond our normal budget.  and we are trying to pay off these student loans, and it just doesn't make sense financially.

I don't know what I think about it right now.  I think that people like me are really judged by "true" W30'ers.  but I was miserable and anxious and depressed feeling the whole time.  I LOVE cooking and look forward to it, but it sapped the joy right out of that.  even thinking about a simple meal (crockpot meat over a salad) is daunting to me right now.  hopefully some love-cooking (fun cookies or something, even just to give away) will help out with that.  we'll see.

thanks!  I am very excited for my drink!!
  • @cocobellaF My partner is a pescetarian who will eat non-fish meat if it's humanely raised and slaughtered. His OCD prevents him from eating leftovers. As a result, it's VERY expensive for us to eat meat, and we would have crashed and burned after one week on W30.

A lot of people with my illness do paleo, and so I hear the whole, "It's not expensive if you do these things!" or "It's hard, but it's the diet that will fix you, you just need to try harder" crap all the time. Don't let it get to you! No one should have their diets policed.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @cocobella and @phira, have either of you tried to do just a normal Real Food diet?  I did one of those last year and am trying to get back on the wagon.  It's kind of like the W30 diet, but IMO much easier.  You still have to do more cooking than normal, but it's not meat-heavy, and based on what you prepare, typically you end up eating less (which helped my grocery budget a little!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, @KateJ16. I'm actually not looking for a structured diet at this point--just trying to make more of an effort to pack a lunch and cook at home, so I don't blow all my money on take-out and don't forget to eat meals.

Not doing so well with that today, though: 4 cups of coffee on an empty stomach and now I don't feel so great :(
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards