Not Engaged Yet

How's everybody's weeks so far?

I'm just trying to get through to tomorrow night! I've been working 10 hour days on Sunday, Monday, today and tomorrow so I have all my hours done so I can take off Thursday and Friday for my sister's wedding. Early Thursday morning train into NYC,  bachelorette that night, rehearsal dinner and bridesmaid pampering on Friday, early morning wedding on Saturday then fun with the BF and break for Sunday and Monday. 

What's everyone up to?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How's everybody's weeks so far?

• Where in NYC are you going? 

I'm tired today. I went to bed early enough (10pm) and slept just fine but for some reason I just want a nap. I'm ready for this week to be over. This weekend I have my aunt's funeral AND my cousin's wedding so there will be a lot of emotions running high, I'm sure. The wedding should be a good time, I just have nothing to wear and I have no interest in going shopping. 

• @Swazzle, at first I'm going into Queens to her place, but the wedding and all the other shenanigans is in Manhattan. Mostly West Village I believe? 

• @kait- Your weekend sounds crazy busy but a lot of fun! Congrats to your sister!

Today I have to go buy my Dad a bday gift and card since his bday is on the 2nd and we are going out of town this weekend. I also I need to write a Thank You note to some friends in Germany that visited us this past month. They left FI and I a very nice note and a wedding gift! I was speechless since this was the first time we met them and we only got to hang out with them a couple times while they were here visiting our family. 

Also...I may send out our invitations this week...I think it may be a little early but I keep on staring at them in the apartment and I just want them gone! Maybe I'll wait one more week but it's driving me crazy!
  • @Kait - Fun! I live right across the river in Jersey City. I miss being able to see where people are from on TK.

• @swazzle My sister and her FI are actually moving to New Jersey post wedding! I'm in CT.

• Yesterday, I had two mini-qual prep meetings back to back, followed by a meeting with some faculty, followed by an extended coffee date, followed by a very stressful phone conversation. It felt like one week crammed into one day.

My first mini-qual prep meeting was entirely unexpected. My boss wanted to go through my powerpoint, but he ended up giving me some prep questions to give me an idea of what questions I'd be asked (and I think to get an idea of how prepared I was). I didn't think it went well, but it did help me figure out how to study. Almost immediately after that was my prep with my coworkers, which went more smoothly and was less terrifying. I have a lot of studying to do today and tomorrow (qual is on Thursday morning), but I'm feeling okay.

Immediately after that my boss reappeared because the new faculty member who's teaching the class I'm the teaching assistant for had arrived and he wanted us to all meet and discuss the course. It went well, but since the syllabus isn't written yet, and we're not changing much about the discussions I'm teaching, it was kind of a meaningless meeting.

I was going to study after that, but my best friend texted me about coffee, and we hadn't seen each other in a couple weeks. It ended up being, like, almost 3 hours of coffee. It was awesome.

After that, I called my brother to get him to confirm whether or not he could come to my post-qual dinner on Friday. I love my brother, but he's the kind of person who's not really aware that other people have different life experiences than he does. Case in point, he spent a solid 20 minutes explaining to me why my partner and I need a car and should buy his car from him in the fall. I couldn't seem to get him to listen and understand that we do not need a car (we live in Boston--actually IN the city limits--and take the T almost everywhere), and that we cannot afford a car (either the initial payment or monthly payments, or gas, or parking, or insurance). Arg.

I'm probably going to stay home and study today, which also gives me some time to clean the apartment. Engagement dinner is tonight, and I'm kind of glad that I can shower and dry my hair whenever I want before we leave, instead of having to do it early in the morning and then spend the day at work.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @swazzle - I'm sorry to hear about your aunt.  Hope you are ok.

@southernpeach89 - I know how you felt, I was itching to get invitations out as soon as I could.  I resisted but barely.  :)

This week is going to be looong.  I'm about to head to court now then I have to spend the rest of my day drafting legal documents.  Fun time!  Looking forward to the weekend...we are visiting my best friend in Houston (muggy as hell but I can't wait to see her!).

• @swazzle I'm so sorry about your Aunt. Sending lots of Xs and Os
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @swazzle, I'm sorry about your aunt :(

This week is just crazy busy for me - chiropractor, pilates, hair cut, dinner with a friend, and then on Friday we leave for the long weekend to OH for my BF's annual board game weekend with cousins and friends.  If nothing else, it should be interesting - lots of games I haven't played before, and a bunch of people I haven't met!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @minskat30, @beanbot2002, @KateJ16 - Thanks guys <3 Cancer can suck it.

• @swazzle sorry about your aunt. I agree, cancer sucks the big one.

@kait I live in CT too!

So far this week has been okay. Last week was tough working 10 hour days, so this week is a lot of catching up on housework. I did a shit load of laundry last night and will have to fold it all today (yay!! Lol) plus clean the kitchen and mudroom (which is part of the kitchen, but whatever).

Last night I made dinner and it felt like it took FOREVER. I need to start making quick meals. I can't wait for this three day weekend and also next week since I'm only working three days.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 where in the state? If you want to say that is. I travel all over. Mostly in the Hartford area but the BF is in the southern part of the state so I drive a lot.

• Kait said:
    @buddysmom80 where in the state? If you want to say that is. I travel all over. Mostly in the Hartford area but the BF is in the southern part of the state so I drive a lot.

I live in North Haven. I lived on the shoreline my whole life (Old Lyme for the first ten years and Branford after that). I feel a little land-locked but I like that I'm a lot closer to Westfarms (best mall in the state).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 I've looked at North Haven a bit! I may be getting transferred to New Haven in a year from our Middletown office. BF is down in Shelton.

• @buddysmom80 I've looked at North Haven a bit! I may be getting transferred to New Haven in a year from our Middletown office. BF is down in Shelton.

I just moved to No. Haven about a year ago, but my dad worked there for 25 years. I wanted to buy a house but couldn't afford anything decent on the shoreline. No. Haven has a lot going on, I rarely leave town for shopping which is nice. My BF works in Shelton so it's nice for him to either take 91 to 95 or the Merritt to work. I work in New Haven, it's okay, not the greatest town to work in, but it's not like I'm walking around all day anyway.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Cancer can suck it.

Tonight I get to do laundry! Last night I was going to, but as I got home, I watched one of my neighbors carry a refrigerator box full to overflowing with laundry into the laundry room. Next apartment, in-apartment laundry hookups would be nice ...

I get to go to my parents' place tomorrow evening. My hairstylist lives in their home town and I need a hair cut before the reunion. Plus my mom said we could go to Designer Shoe Warehouse to look for black leather ankle boots. I'm lusting after a couple of pairs right now, so I hope that at least one of them is there.
  • @buddysmom80 that's exactly the commute BF and I may do if we move in together next spring. Good to know it works out ok!

• Kait said:
    @buddysmom80 that's exactly the commute BF and I may do if we move in together next spring. Good to know it works out ok!
    Yeah it works out pretty well. The only thing that sucks about the commute to New Haven (I take a shuttle, but when I drive it sucks) is that there is a TON of construction going on downtown so the traffic is going to me a nightmare for the next 3-5 years. If anything, if you can get a place on a bus route, I would do that to get downtown. Or depending on where in New Haven you end up working, getting off the Long Wharf (Ikea) exit and going downtown that way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 yea I know we're changing offices soon down there so I have no idea where I'll end up. Right now the office is on Sargeant Drive I believe?

• @kait yeah that's Long Wharf area so you won't be downtown. Lucky you.

I work right in downtown which is nice sometimes (walk to the bar for happy hour, walk around for lunch) but the commute in and out sucks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle - Yup, cancer can suck it.  Hate, hate, hate it.
  • Cancer's the worst. I say this as a cancer researcher. Worst disease ever.
    Anniversary
  • @swazzle I'm so sorry about your aunt sending you hugs

Anniversary

• @swazzle, very sorry to hear about your aunt. *Hugs*

This week is already incredibly busy. I had my first mother-baby class yesterday and already have a crazy amount of reading to do, so I am taking a quick break from that right now. Tomorrow I start my med-surg class and have a ton of reading for that one too. And for the rest of our how-was-your-weekend threads until, like, December, I can just copy and paste this exact paragraph, because this is now my life. Oh joy.

• Can it please be 5:30pm? This day is draaaagging.
    Anniversary
  • @phira I'll take 6:30 p.m.! 3 more hours to muscle through.

• Thank you all so much for thinking of me and sending me hugs <3 You're the best :) 

• @phira I am SO with you... I just keep reading threads on here and looking at my work hoping it will magically be done.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • suzie211suzie211 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2013
    @swazzle ((HUGS))   Cancer blows.  I'm sorry for your loss.

@KateJ16 Yay to another Chicagoan on the boards.  Where in OH?  FI's family is from Dayton and we head there at least a handful of times a year.

ETA:  My week has been so crazy I apparently forgot to write about it.  Work is insane right now, so I'm just trying to make it through the next 3 days.  Saturday I plan to party my ass off:)
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards