Not Engaged Yet

How's everybody's weeks so far?

2»

Re: How's everybody's weeks so far?

• @suzie211 yay for Chicago :)  And how funny - I actually went to college at UD (and my BF was born in Dayton!)  We are going to Columbus... I haven't been there in years and years.  The only thing I remember about it was Easton (?) mall where I first tried sushi!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • suzie211suzie211 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2013
    KateJ16 said:
    @suzie211 yay for Chicago :)  And how funny - I actually went to college at UD (and my BF was born in Dayton!)  We are going to Columbus... I haven't been there in years and years.  The only thing I remember about it was Easton (?) mall where I first tried sushi!
    Go Flyers!  FI's family members are big basketball fans.   The best chili fries I've ever eaten were at a bar not far from campus.   I've only been to Cbus a couple times for weddings, but do remember liking the Short North!   Have fun!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Time for dinner!!!!!

I'm finally wearing my engagement ring and it's super weird. Ladies, how did you get used to this?
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira, pics of ze bling please! Haha, when you get a chance, enjoy your dinner first. :) That is so exciting! Oh, and I have no advice on getting used to wearing it, sorry. Just have fun being mesmerized by how it looks on your finger, I guess.
  • Just found out we're doing Top of the Hub!

I will post pictures when we get home :)
    Anniversary
  • @phira have fun! Enjoy that ring!! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I start classes (junior year of college) tomorrow. I'm mostly looking forward to it but a little nervous (and dreading it a little too). I've been working a lot this week and I'm looking forward to the long weekend. Hopefully going up to either my parents' house or my BF's grandparents' cottage.
    (by the way, this is my first post besides my GTKY one, so nice to meet you guys!)
  • @phira Congratulations, officially now!

@Riss2893, welcome! Favorite dessert? Photos of your dog?

Have any of y'all bathed a cat?

I have, as of tonight.
  • @KeptInStitches Thanks! Definitely ice cream, followed by cheesecake. This is Pasha!!

And can't say I've bathed a cat, not really a cat girl, never owned one.

imageimage

• HOW do you bathe a cat?
    Anniversary
  • Don't. Unless unavoidable.

You put the cat in the kitchen sink. She will attempt to escape several times before you even get the water turned on. It will not matter how much she loved water before. It's a two-person job: one person holds her down and the other person rinses a lot of water through her fur. Or laughs hysterically at person #1 who ends up doing all the work. The cat will cling desperately to anything and everything within reach. This will include you, the soap bottles, the dish draining rack, etc. The cat will also flip over many times, soaking down everything in range. Two bath towels will be required to remove the excess water from the cat. The cat will then spend 40 minutes licking all water from her fur. The evening will end with both people so utterly tuckered out they can't even watch Netflix and the cat sleeping in the other room, probably plotting elaborate revenge.
  • Jeebus!
    Anniversary
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    @KeptInStitches - That's hysterical! Why did you have to bathe her??

@BriSox81 has a cat bath story too! 

@LivLeighton, @CSousa1, another Knottie who doesn't post anymore, and I visited Bri and while she was at work, we ran out for food and came back and couldn't find her cat ANYWHERE. He completely disappeared. After searching inside and outside forever, I opened up the cabinet under the sink which was filled with plastic bags. I reached my hand in to move them and felt something furry and then saw eyes staring back at me through the darkness. I momentarily FREAKED out in terror and screamed bloody murder which caused Brady to pee himself in the cabinet. 

When Bri came home, her cat was covered in cat pee and so he needed to be bathed. I was not included in the bathing so she or Liv will have to tell you how that part went. I just felt you needed the backstory so it wasn't "Rachel is a cruel evil woman who scared Brady so badly that he peed himself and so he needed a bath" because I was scared too!

• OMG! @Swazzle Love your cat story. I used to help bathe my ex's cats but we did it in the bathtub. They'd mostly just howl and glare at you during the whole process. Neither cat was declawed...I'm amazed I never came out of it with serious injuries.

My week is having some ups and downs. It's really really up because I just got an official offer on Monday for a new job. This job is nearly twice my current salary, is 30 minutes from home (rather than an hour and a half plus commute), has lots of growth potential, and is going to be way more challenging and interesting than what I'm doing now. I'm also extra excited because the job relies very heavily on excellent written and verbal communication skills. I went to college for journalism and political science so I'm really excited to finally put my degrees to use! I won't get an official start date until after the background check and drug screen are completed but I expect to start my new job within 3 to 4 weeks! I told my boss and my department yesterday and I thought the meeting went pretty well. They're all sad to see me go but they understand the reasons why I'm leaving. I'm only 26 years old so I need to think realistically about my career potential and this job I'm in now isn't going to take me where I need or want to go in life.

My week is also down. My grandpa fell and broke his hip yesterday afternoon. I don't really know anything about the circumstances around his fall but it doesn't matter. A fall for an 83 year old is still very serious. They were going to do surgery last night but postponed it until this afternoon so they could perform a stress test to make sure he can handle the surgery first. Everyone's thoughts, prayers, good vibes are much appreciated! My maternal grandfather passed before I was even born so he's the only grandpa I've ever had and he's an absolutely incredible person.

• @lmhollister - Congrats on the new job! Sounds like it's absolutely a step up and in the right direction! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope everything turns out ok and if he ends up having the surgery, I hope it goes smoothly. 

• @swazzle, hilarious! Ellie ended up irredeemably dirty, the less said the better. We had a door open we shouldn't have and turned our backs for less than a minute ... but I doubt she'll go near there again. She's sitting in my lap licking my right elbow (do I still have skin there?), so I think I've been forgiven.

@lmhollister, congratulations on your new job! Healing vibes for your grandpa as well.
  • The bath story went something like this. I held Brady under the armpits while Liv scrubbed him down, then Liv held him while I rinsed. He was pretty calm through the whole thing, but certainly wasn't happy about the process. This is the aftermath.

*******************************************************************************************

• Brady looks SO happy in that picture!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • He was traumatized. He's never trusted strangers since. 

He sometimes runs & hides when he hears Auntie Rach's voice through FaceTime. ;)

*******************************************************************************************

• @swazzle scarred him for life!!

We had to give Buddy a bath a few weeks ago, what a clusterfuck that was.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • We didn't get photos of Ellie in bath aftermath because we were both laughing way too hard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards