Just Engaged and Proposals

How far in advance do you announce your engagement??

Hi! Does anyone know when you're supposed to announce your engagement in the newspaper?
We are getting married in July 2011. It is a destination wedding in Cancun so we're going to get our wedding website up soon so our guests can start planning and saving. But I wasn't sure when the newspaper announcement should go out. A year? Six months?

Thanks guys!!

Re: How far in advance do you announce your engagement??

• Your engagement announcement can be put in the newspaper now.  Your wedding announcement usually goes into the paper right after the wedding.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would announce it now. The longer you wait the more it becomes old news IMO.
  • You don't HAVE to announce it in the newspaper. We didn't and we are still very much engaged. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We didn't do them (because it was two more things to write/plan/pay for) but your engagement announcement would appear right after your engagement and marriage right before/after the wedding.

• Our dates are set for Jul. 2011 as well.  And we haven't done the newspaper thing... I go back and forth on it.  but the other part is... all of the people we want to notify... have been notified.... so... why?  Although the marriage might happen AFTER the wedding... just to avoid possible crashings.  Cool

• The engagement announcement usually happens right after the engagement. That is after you've told everyone close to you about it first. The wedding announcement usually happens right after the wedding.

Give both those a few weeks of varying time. :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wedding is oct 2015, have not announced. Got engaged in march. When is a good time to announce engagement??
  • cmperry17 said:
    Wedding is oct 2015, have not announced. Got engaged in march. When is a good time to announce engagement??
    Start a new thread.  This one is 3+ years old.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards