November 2013 Weddings

Well that's that!

After a mutual freak out last week that resulted in some quite serious back and forth about whether or not we wanted to scrap the wedding and just elope we made a decision that can no longer be undone with out a great deal of explanation.   I just came back from dropping off our invitations at the post office, so family drama, jitters, and anything else potentially looming,  be damned. November 2 with everyone there  with us it shall be.  CHECK!

There truly is something quite ceremonious about the whole dropping them into the mail box thing. I kind of wanted to turn around and scream I just mailed our wedding invitations! in the middle of the post office lobby so just maybe at least one person would cheer.

Re: Well that's that!

• Yah! for sending out your invitations!  We mailed ours on Saturday and I felt the exact same way - like someone should take notice . . . but nope, just the post office guy saying "well, aren't you special" is a not-snarky but slightly patronizing kind of way.  Then I panicked and asked FI if we should go pick them up because I wasn't sure he put them in the right box.  :)

Now it's looking forward to RSVP time!  I can't wait to start getting them back in the mail.  

Congrats and can't wait for November 2nd!
  • YAY! I want to mail ours so bad but I think it's still a little too early for 11/23. Those invitations are haunting me though just sitting in my apartment waiting to be mailed. The moment I drop them off at the post office, I will go home and celebrate having that particular corner of my apartment empty of invitations.
  • congrats on the check.. Im still waiting on some addresses to send our off.. but I am cheering for you that they are sent off..lol

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Nice! I mailed them in chunks between last week and yesterday, but they are all out now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Put mine in the mail this morning! Can't wait to get RSVPs! 

I have a feeling that we'll get my Aunt's first - she lives about 5 minutes from me and has gotten everything (save the date, shower invite) the day after it was mailed. Plus I'll be seeing her on Thursday and I wouldn't be surprised if she just handed it to me.
  • YAY! I want to mail ours so bad but I think it's still a little too early for 11/23. Those invitations are haunting me though just sitting in my apartment waiting to be mailed. The moment I drop them off at the post office, I will go home and celebrate having that particular corner of my apartment empty of invitations.
    When are you mailing them. Mine are taunting me as well waiting to be mailed! LOL!! I'm 11/23 also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wedding is 11/24, and like I said - put them in the mail already.... wanted to give people plenty of time!
  • edited August 2013
    @marsm4- I think I'm going to mail them next week sometime. It's still a little early (11 weeks) but we do have some overseas and OOT guests that I want to make sure have enough time to make travel arrangements. Our caterer needs our final number by the end of October so I figure 2 months is plenty of time to reply.

ETA: spelling
  • marsm4marsm4 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013

@southernpeach89 we will probably mail next week also.  Also ALL of my FI people are from OOT...

What's your RSVP date?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @marsm4: We have our RSVP as October 30th and our caterer needs our number by November 9th which is one week and a few days after our RSVP and I know there will be those guests who don't RSVP so we gave it a week to make those phone calls to find out if they're coming.
  • Mine is November 1.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going to start putting ours together this weekend!  We have to get a new printer for some of the items we want to print ourselves, so as soon as that's done, we're ready to start mailing!

• We are waiting for our maps/directions to finish printing then we will start addressing and stuffing. My sister and I finish gluing the leaf embellishments. Hoping to have them all out by next week. I have about a week off so it should give me plenty of time to get things done plus some other checks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards