Wedding Invitations & Paper

How far out do you need to order invitations?

My wedding is in April so the invites go out two months prior, correct? When would I need to order them by? I have no idea how long it takes for them to come in. Thanks!!

Answers

• invites should go out 6-8 weeks before the wedding. You can order them as early as you want. I would order them a few months before you need to send them... just in case there's something you need to fix anything.
    *********************************************************************************

• My wedding is in April so the invites go out two months prior, correct? When would I need to order them by? I have no idea how long it takes for them to come in. Thanks!!
    I think it depends on where you are ordering them from. I ordered from wedding paper divas and I want to say it took like 10 days because of proof approval etc. I would honestly say order with enough time to order another set in case something is wrong with the first set. Wedding in april. Must send by feb I would say have them ordered like the weekend after christmas. The holidays and aftermath will lead to a longer ship time, but you also need time to make sure to put them together, addressed and stamped.
  • Everything depends on the seller.

I bought mine from a seller on Etsy. They were designed and arrived within about 2 weeks. However, when I was assembling them, I noticed I was short on one of the inserts as well as the belly bands...so that took another week to print/ship.

• It depends on where and how you get them.

If you already know what you want and the wording I would get them as soon as possible. That way if you are hand addressing them you can do a few each day!
  • Maybe you can order it as early as four months before the wedding to prepare for any unexpected issues with regards to invitation printing. It's better early than late. You can even order it earlier especially if you have many invited guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards