October 2014 Weddings

October 17th, 2014

Hi October brides!

I am getting married 10/17/14 in Carmel, CA at a golf course. This is not really a destination wedding for most of our guests as we are both born and raised in California. 

Our dating anniversary is 10/19/07 so that was our original thought for our wedding date. However, that is a Sunday which was not going to work for us, and we both wanted to avoid Saturdays for a few reasons, (mainly financial) so we decided the 17th just sounded right. We will spend our 7-year anniversary as newlyweds (hopefully on our honeymoon).

For my fellow Friday brides, do you have any concerns about your wedding being on a Friday? Will you have a rehearsal dinner Thursday night? Are you planning a Saturday morning brunch for those that stayed in the area? 

Our colors are going to be Sangria purple and yellow with some orange. I am still working on a theme. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks! <3 

<!--[if gte mso 9]>

Re: October 17th, 2014

• Congratulations!! I will be getting married on October 17, 2014 as well. It happens to be my fiance' and mine's 10th anniversary. I was a little afraid that I was planning a little too early but I am very happy to know that I am not the only one.
    I have been a little concerned with the Friday night wedding, but I believe that our guest would understand the significance and make certain that they are a part of our special day. I hadn't really thought about the Thursday night rehearsal dinner.
  • I don't think it's early at all! My future sister in law started a year and a half ahead of time and was still scrambling at the last minute! 

We got engaged on June 9th of this year and decided to make our date for next fall because we will both be done with school by that point. Being in my last year of college and planning a wedding at the same time is definitely a balancing act so we started planning almost right away. 

Have you done your engagement pics yet? We are getting ours done this October but I need to decide on a theme for the wedding before hand so I can make sure everything coordinates. (= My fiance thinks we should tie the theme into the venue which is a golf course but I am not too sure about that.... 

<!--[if gte mso 9]>
  • smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    rdweinm said:
    I don't think it's early at all! My future sister in law started a year and a half ahead of time and was still scrambling at the last minute! 

We got engaged on June 9th of this year and decided to make our date for next fall because we will both be done with school by that point. Being in my last year of college and planning a wedding at the same time is definitely a balancing act so we started planning almost right away. 

Have you done your engagement pics yet? We are getting ours done this October but I need to decide on a theme for the wedding before hand so I can make sure everything coordinates. (= My fiance thinks we should tie the theme into the venue which is a golf course but I am not too sure about that.... 

You know a theme isn't really necessary. Just go with what you like!

ETA: I did my e pix this past spring and if you would like I can PM you a link :D

Anniversary
  • We haven't done our engagement photos yet. I've just found a venue that I am absolutely in love with so hopefully we will be booking that soon! I think we will do our engagement photos by the end of the year so that we can send out the save the dates in time. I'm in graduate school right now so I totally understand your pain lol. I just started using the chat boards and I must say that they are very beneficial.
  • Oh I totally agree! I also just started using the chat boards when I found this one and I love it! I'm sure the people around me are getting sick of hearing about wedding stuff! It's hard to understand what it's like if you've never planned a wedding, and my recently married friends are helpful but a tad pushy to say the least lol. 

<!--[if gte mso 9]>
  • smalfrie19,

I am starting to think that I am not going to worry about a theme so much as making sure everything coordinates... 

What are e-pix? I am curious about that, I would love the link!

Thanks!

<!--[if gte mso 9]>
  • edited September 2013
    Congratulations!!! That's my wedding date, too! :)

We are planning on having our rehearsal on Thursday (late, 6ish?) evening with rehearsal dinner to follow. I am also planning on having a Saturday morning brunch for the hotel guests! 

Our colors are also very similar! I'm going with a deep purple too, not quite eggplant but not quite amethyst .. sangria is actually a perfect way to describe it! My accent colors are a deep pink and yellows. I'm still working on the rest of my decor, but I want to keep it a fall theme without it being too overbearing!

We did our engagement pictures last month, but did not keep it a fall theme (obviously if it was in August, lol).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards